Care to help me find my 2nd airsoft gun to buy :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright lads, I’m new to airsoft but have been watching airsoft and educating myself on the sport for the past year. I have only got a sidearm (KWC 1911 springer) which I use for backup. I have the budget of 100-120 because I need to buy an action cam for my YouTube. I like m4’s but I do not want any cyma that under £100 as they’re pure sh*t. Thanks lads

Oh sorry I didn’t mean to offend anyone it’s just my friend had a cyma cm.515 and it was all plastic and motor would only put out 8 rounds per second and also broke after 15000 rounds before having feeding issues. And no it’s not a troll I do need help with a gun since I’m only 15 and have a low budget.

• Supporters

Doubt if you will find a better price than this:

https://swasairsoft.co.uk/airsoft-guns/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-raider

Add £5 for 2-tone & £8 for shipping

Then you have to still buy the battery/charger so you are looking at £155 say

But it is perhaps the safest go to option

Cyma's are OK, best bang for your buck if you are really on a tight budget

Yes motor is lame, it is a slow 28tpa motor - the G&G Raider's motor is not ultra fast either

(think your m8 had a lame motor, low battery on a 400fps Cyma if shooting 8rps)

They do a cheapo Raider clone CM517 which isn't bad if you are really strapped for cash

Yes they need a bit of work, but I have bought worse from JBBG in the past

G&G if you can afford it - if not a Cyma is not a bad gun really

The G&G is better - but then you are paying more

Should hold up well, last a good while & easy to sell on

I’ve been educating myself on airsoft guns in the past hour, Ive decided to import a lancer tactical LT-19 for 120$ they ship to UK so it will be safe and sound. I also can skip the UkARA sh*t and will get an orange tip but I do not care. Because lancer tactical guns are pretty good Stock I won’t be in such a hurry to start my project on it. My project is to get my first airsoft gun and upgrade the fuxk out of it. Im gonna put a mosfet inside it, enabling me to install a Krytac 30k high torque motor. I don’t know if I need to install anything else in the gun for it to work. Will I need to solder while doing this project? Or is it a plug in matter?

To be honest My cyma 517 has worked a treat and for £100 ish two toned its not too bad a beginner gun. It can hold its own when I go skirmishing. I get the impression that cyma has upped its game. It might be worth checking to see if just an orange tip  would cut it with H.M. customs. If they decide to destroy it, as far as I can tell there is very little you can do about it. And next to no way of getting your money back. Sorry to say this as well but being 15 you can't legally buy an airsoft gun, two tone or other wise. Sorry

• Mostly Retired Moderators
4 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

I also can skip the UkARA sh*t and will get an orange tip but I do not care. 

I look forward to the next thread:

"UK Customs destroyed my gun! :(! "

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

I’ve been educating myself on airsoft guns in the past hour, Ive decided to import a lancer tactical LT-19 for 120$ they ship to UK so it will be safe and sound. I also can skip the UkARA sh*t and will get an orange tip but I do not care. Because lancer tactical guns are pretty good Stock I won’t be in such a hurry to start my project on it. My project is to get my first airsoft gun and upgrade the fuxk out of it. Im gonna put a mosfet inside it, enabling me to install a Krytac 30k high torque motor. I don’t know if I need to install anything else in the gun for it to work. Will I need to solder while doing this project? Or is it a plug in matter?

Congratulations - you are importing a rebadged CYMA CM515 from the USA

add in shipping, if they ship to UK without UKARA check as likely to be siezed so many won't ship due to claim from being siezed

Deffo will be stopped for customs duty charged on total price including shipping

(hope they don't declare insured for $200 coz customs will take that figure slap on duty way more than 20% VAT with surcharge fee)

And if after all that you will own the same gun as your friend

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

Suggest you educate yourself a bit more.

Wrong on gun.

Very wrong on upgrade path.

Very very wrong on import laws.

• Supporters

Lol, is it half term already ?

image.jpg

• Supporters
4 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I look forward to the next thread:

"UK Customs destroyed my gun! :(! "

If it's a 400fps (>1.3J) fully auto example: "HALP! Arrested for trying to import a firearm, and attempting to purchase a firearm while under 18."

OP, you might get lucky, you might not.  But please don't make sure-and-certain pronouncements that you can beat the system when you haven't even put your own money on the line to try it.

Also why would you spend a small amount on a crappy gun to buy a camera. Get a better gun, learn a decent play style and then look at getting an action cam after a year or so of learning the ropes. Sticking a go pro on a crappy two tone aint going to turn you into a you tuber overnight...

<_<

Not to sound condescending, but you need to do some research on Airsoft in the UK. They are legally restricted items with carefully engineered moving parts. You are mixing up laws between two completely different countries. Please read the VCRA act.

35 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Not to sound condescending, but you need to do some research on Airsoft in the UK. They are legally restricted items with carefully engineered moving parts. You are mixing up laws between two completely different countries. Please read the VCRA act and this forum some more.

Fixed....

For someone who spent a year researching airsoft all of the questions and advise could have been found on here with a hour with the search function, or asking questions!

Just on a side note 30 rounds per second! Is that alittle excessive ? You can do the same thing with 8 bps and not have a mini gun. Also it works out cheaper if you spray and prey. No need to upgrade just yet

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

Not to sound condescending, but you need to do some research on Airsoft in the UK. They are legally restricted items with carefully engineered moving parts. You are mixing up laws between two completely different countries. Please read the VCRA act.

Bloody youtube again

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Also why would you spend a small amount on a crappy gun to buy a camera. Get a better gun, learn a decent play style and then look at getting an action cam after a year or so of learning the ropes. Sticking a go pro on a crappy two tone aint going to turn you into a you tuber overnight...

<_<

NNOOOO, he needs the camera so he can show the world his speshul moves lol

image.jpg

• Supporters

Aw, c'mon guys. Give the kid a break. 

First off, you cannot buy a Airsoft weapon under the age of 18. Somebody over 18 can buy it for you as a gift but it cannot be exchanged for money. Unless they have a UKARA licence* 50% of it must be painted in a bright colour. 

Do not try and get around this. It will be stopped by customs and seized or destroyed. Even if you get around it it's illegal. Don't risk it. If you are ordering abroad, chances are it will be stopped by HMRC and you'll have to pay import taxes and a handling fee. This is 25% of the item cost.  

As for your starter gun, have a look at the G&G CM16. It's an excellent starter AEG and is under £150. Forget the action cam. I get the whole aspect of recording your gameplay for YouTube but you should put that money into your gun.

Definitely look into the laws regarding Airsoft in the UK. There's multiple threads on this forum to help new players. Look at some of the pinned ones here: 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/forum/11-new-players-amp-arrivals/

and here:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/forum/12-uk-law/

* edit: UKARA is a defense, not a licence. My mistake! 

• Supporters

I get it, he's a know nothing noob, but his attitude will make him no friends.

& as you've pointed out, what he proposes to do, which he believes he can get away with, is highly illegal.

so when he gets caught, which he will, that's another nail in the airsoft coffin.

im new to this forum, but not to airsoft, 16+ years playing, so when every noob with 5mins gametime under his belt spouts shite, I lose all feelings of comraderie or sympathy,so excuse my sarcasm, the alternative is a tear these "players" a new one.

;) Mark

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

Why?

He claims to have done his research... and then proves he clearly hasnt!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Why?

He claims to have done his research... and then proves he clearly hasnt!

Yeah, you're right. Hopefully he learnt something from this.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Gepard said:

First off, you cannot buy a Airsoft weapon under the age of 18. Somebody over 18 can buy it for you as a gift but it cannot be exchanged for money. Unless they have a UKARA licence 50% of it must be painted in a bright colour. 

Do not try and get around this. It will be stopped by customs and seized or destroyed. Even if you get around it it's illegal. Don't risk it. If you are ordering abroad, chances are it will be stopped by HMRC and you'll have to pay import taxes and a handling fee. This is 25% of the item cost.  

As for your starter gun, have a look at the G&G CM16. It's an excellent starter AEG and is under £150. Forget the action cam. I get the whole aspect of recording your gameplay for YouTube but you should put that money into your gun.

Definitely look into the laws regarding Airsoft in the UK. There's multiple threads on this forum to help new players. Look at some of the pinned ones here: 

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/forum/11-new-players-amp-arrivals/

and here:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/forum/12-uk-law/

Jesus, UKARA License?

Do some research yourself!

Archived