Buying outside the uk

Jezza
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

^ NOT TRUE.

To import into the UK successfully you need a defence, UKARA Is most common, but you can be a reenactor, film producer amongst other things, but you will have to provide proof.

The orange tip thing is BS, believe it's only in America.

As its from Spain, no customs charges I think.

8 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

If you can buy a M4a1 (real gun) off the deep web and get it delivered to your door you will be fine. And there is no import restrictions for airsoft guns. You will have an orange tip and shipping might cost a bit.

You can only buy a real gun off the ‘dark web’ if you can find the wrong places and wrong people and manage to get away with it

Orange tips have no relevance in the UK, it’s an American thing, guns can be bought elsewhere in the world with orange tips just because they are made that way for the American market and manufacturers don’t necessarily make seperate manufacturing runs

Orange tip means toy in America

8 hours ago, Jezza said:

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a gbb pistol from a retailer in Spain but Im not sure what the law is on importing?? I don't want my gun getting seized!! Cheers!

Same rules on legality in the UK, if it’s considered to be overpowered etc it could be seized at customs

It would get identified as a RIF in customs / the carriers international handling and unless

theres enough paperwork on the label then you get a card in the lost asking about your VCRA defence , if you get the retailer to add UKARA information to the label then it might come straight through

As it from Spain and still part of the EU then it will be tax paid in Spain and no import charges or fees required, postage will be international but within Europe so not much different to within the UK

• Supporters
8 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

And there is no import restrictions for airsoft guns.

Is that a fact?  You'd better let the UK government know that they're governmenting wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/import-controls-on-offensive-weapons

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/550337/Firearms_controls_at_point_of_entry_into_the_UK_from_the_EU_August_2016.pdf

• Head Moderator
10 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

And there is no import restrictions for airsoft guns. You will have an orange tip and shipping might cost a bit.

Please read the forum rules

• Giving advice
Give solid advice only if you are sure what you are talking about. Don't mislead people as at best you are risking their money, and at worst, you are risking their safety. It's much better to say your only guessing and let others add to your answer than to lead the person into doing something wrong, and coming back and pointing the finger at you.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, EnglishMans Airsoft said:

If you can buy a M4a1 (real gun) off the deep web and get it delivered to your door you will be fine. And there is no import restrictions for airsoft guns. You will have an orange tip and shipping might cost a bit.

Sorry, can't help myself, this guys a keeper lol

image.jpg

24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Sorry, can't help myself, this guys a keeper lol

He speaks the truth, I've actually ordered an m4a1 ( real gun ) of the dark web...:D

I like the real gun in brackets just in case anyone thought they were ordering rubber guns:lol:

• Supporters

Read the rest of his posts, you'll be chuckling all night ;)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
18 hours ago, Jezza said:

Thanks guys. I've got a UKARA defence so will make sure they write it on the label! And I'll make sure not to buy any real guns online.

One good tip is to put your UKARA number in the "Company name" bit of the address box.

That way it'll definitely be on the parcel.

Or just anywhere on the address, don't rely on them to remember to do it. :)

I bought some real steel parts from the States recently, asked them to put Airsoft Parts and UKARA number on the post label, no probs at all

rdb

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I bought some real steel parts from the States recently, asked them to put Airsoft Parts and UKARA number on the post label, no probs at all

rdb

I get mine from Bob at the QMs ..... but he makes me pick them up from the back door ar midnight for some reason 

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

rdb

On a more serious note - real weapons, parts, and ammunition are fully legal in the uk.

It just depends on the specific item, what the intended use is and if necessary whether you have the right ID

I used to pick up ammunition components for my boss along the route when I was off to the midlands for meetings

Sometimes I could just pick up, sometimes show my ID, sometimes bring his ID & certificate and sometimes he had to be there in person

• Supporters
10 hours ago, BigStew said:

HMRC has access to UKARA

On knowledge, or by inference?

I'd hope they have access and are checking it.  Given that ukara.org.uk is bit of a novelty-purposes-only site[*], I'd wonder if the process is more like checking for something that looks like it might be a UKARA number, if they bother to check at all.

[*] see the requirements for businesses to display full contact details and the statutory e-commerce details, when UKARA doesn't provide any contact details, a DPA declaration, or a way to file a subject access request.  You have to go to the domain record to find that it's (probably) being run out of Fife by a sole trader.

• Supporters

Sounds promising though, that it's more than just luck that gets RIFs through.

I don't suppose the issue of defences other than UKARA that could be offered at the point of import came up?

Archived