How to stop goggles from fogging up?

teragaxu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, so yesterday my goggles were fogging up all the time where i could barley see and i really don't have a lot of money to spend on a expensive pair of goggles. Is there any solution to stop my goggles from fogging up and if i have to get a new pair to help with this issue my budget would be £40 but if there is another solution that would be very helpful to me. Thank you

• Supporters

Huh, we just did this over in General Discussion.

The least bad that I've found are the dual-pane goggles sold under various brands: Pyramex I-Force, Valken V-TAC, mine are ASG.  But they still fog up.

The best anti-fog compound that I've used is Cat Crap, which works with a brief kettle-test.  But once it's saturated, it turns into a smeary emulsion that's a sod to clean off.

At the end of the day (or mid way through Sunday for me) you may have to go mesh.  Yes, it cuts down on light, yes it limits your vision from the get-go, but at least its consistent.  I wish I could find something that works for me, but short of springing mad dollah on a fan-vented solution, it'll have to be mesh from now on.

I use revision anti fog wipes from ebay. They great in my opinion. I am a fat dude that sweats a lot even in cold weather. The multi use and solidifies during game play but are easy to clean.  

I have Bolle Raiders that I modified by cutting vents in the frame. They still fog if I'm sat still and out of breath from a heavy run, but they clear as soon as I get moving and the air stars flowing again.

not much other choice for me as I need prescription.

Fogging is caused by humidity building up on one side of the lens (usually the side closer to your face), which is caused by poor ventilation and you pumping humid air (breathing) into your eye pro.

Mesh has solved this issue by completely removing the glass in favour of a stamped steel foil or a metal grate, the drawbacks though are quite dangerous: repeated impacts on the stamped steel will deform and eventually break the stamped ones, and BBs can shatter when hitting the "grate" and you'll have fragments in your eyes, which kinda defeats the point of having something to protect your eyes.

Glass (polycarbonate) lenses need constant airflow between them and your skin to avoid fogging, try to find the goggles that provide the most ventilation possible either by large ventilation ports or by forcing humid air to escape by using a fan. Yes, they're expensive, but a bit of DIY and a visit to a hardware store can make you save some money.

I've been using some shooting glasses for the last year or so and they are just perfect, the lenses are large giving me a lot of protection yet they rarely fog (had them fogging up on me once, but the weather was humid af and even mesh would have fogged if it could) when I'm not using any kind of mouth protection..

If you want a full seal eye pro I'd suggest to either go for goggles with a fan or something like the Bollé X800..

Thermal (dual pane) lenses work great, but still you need to keep them vented to work, otherwise you'll end up with condensation dripping down the inner lens, though it's nowhere as annoying as proper fog.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll buy a pair of airsoft thermal goggles and test them (valken sierra, found them at 30$ on eBay)

Archived