Prescription glasses and airsoft

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In the spirit of helping other people of the four eyed kind, I have been using the Nikwax visor clear on my glasses (with RX inserts) and so far even on the hottest day(s) of the year thus far and me sweating like a pig.... no fogging!!! the bottle is relatively expensive for what it is but when only a couple of sprays are need before use i think its been a worth while investment.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need a quick fix pair as I’m playing soon, current Google’s are to bulky and decided to start falling apart

37 minutes ago, Sako said:

Bolle Raider 

Can these be worn over glasses? I see they have rx lenses included

12 minutes ago, Sako said:

No, because they utilise inserts instead.

Id have to have the inserts done to my prescription, so no quick fix there. Do look a great set of goggles though. Think I’ll get these and the inserts done for future games, how do these compare to advancers  with inserts? 

Think its it’s going to be the Bolle Pilot as a quick fix jobby 

3 minutes ago, P13 said:

Id have to have the inserts done to my prescription, so no quick fix there. Do look a great set of goggles though. Think I’ll get these and the inserts done for future games, how do these compare to advancers  with inserts? 

Think its it’s going to be the Bolle Pilot as a quick fix jobby 

How quick is quick? Should take no time to get prescription lenses fitted.

I've been using these for nearly 2 years now with no issues. Plucked the outer foam away and no fogging unless its a roasting hot day.
Only problem is they are completly out of stock every where. Which is a shame cause they are very good quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDP-Tactical-Ballistic-Goggles-Desert-Tan/172011702871?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

20117077_705918706276096_8833643002965866218_o.jpg

9 hours ago, Sako said:

How quick is quick? Should take no time to get prescription lenses fitted.

Could do with them in about a week

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my Bolle Raider Ballistic glasses/goggles arrive. 

RX inserts are away getting prescription put in.

i will put up a review once I’ve used them in anger at my next couple game days.

these were purchased from 

https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/bolle-tactical-raider-glasses-3-lens-kit

and were/are the cheapest I can find them online (that actually has stock) at £45.

kit comes with three ballistic lenses 

smoke

clear

amber

(plus RX prescription carrier)

and a goggle type strap should you wish to use it.

54B525EF-59B4-4899-9F94-FDB02931F788.jpeg

On 2/18/2018 at 1:24 PM, Sako said:

Thank-you good sir.

PS £45 for glasses then £25 to fit prescription if your considering.

Just got the same pair a few weeks back. Going to boots tomorrow to see how much it will cost (may try vision express too). Where did you get the prescription from? Thats a really good price.  

2 hours ago, fez_uk said:

Just got the same pair a few weeks back. Going to boots tomorrow to see how much it will cost (may try vision express too). Where did you get the prescription from? Thats a really good price.  

Just use https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/reglaze/

cheap and do exactly what you need.

I've tried the cheap glasses from websites before but for some reason never get it right ( have pretty poor eyesight) . So i'm wary to go this route. As it's easier to go back to a high street shop to make corrections. I will See what they say tomorrow with regards to cost, I had an appointment anyway.

• Root Admin

I can attest to Glasses Direct doing it fine too (I've used them 3 times now), but they just follow the prescription and the pupillary distance that your highstreet optician logs. The PD is one of the most important bits so be sure you have this done properly as you may have to ask to have it done/ask for the information from your optician.

3 hours ago, James1989 said:

Vision express are f*cking expensive. 60 quid. But I paid it because specsavers wouldnt do it.

Why didn’t you just use one of the online retailers and pay less than half???

6 hours ago, Sako said:

Why didn’t you just use one of the online retailers and pay less than half???

Because I emailed glasses direct and they refused too and I have a game next week and some days I get impatient :)

25 minutes ago, James1989 said:

Because I emailed glasses direct and they refused too and I have a game next week and some days I get impatient :)

17 minutes ago, proffrink said:

What did you ask them, specifically? Did you ask if they'd 'glaze airsoft goggles' rather than sending through a picture of the insert and its specific name?

I honestly cant see how glasses direct refused to glaze an RX carrier? 

Unless of course you asked something along the lines of what Prof has said.

Archived