Random FPS Drops

madmogga
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hoping someone can help me on this one, I purchased a G&G P90 (PDW99L long barrel version ), the gun had lots of issues when I got it, most have all now been fixed but one problem I still can not work out.

Basically I get a random drop in FPS on semi auto. the gun is currently running 380 fps but once or twice in about every 10 shots the fps drops down to 200. I have in the course of the rebuild put on a new cylinder head/ new piston and new nozzle. I have tested for air leaks and cannot find any, also this does not happen on full auto and when the gun shoots correctly the FPS is within 3-4 fps so quite consistent also when it drops the low fps is very consistent at 200.  Its not double feeding as far as I can tell, and I have replaced the hop/bucking and nub still the same. I have low/mid and hi cap mags all of which cause the same problem however if I drop just one bb in the hop at a time the issue does not happen. The mags are feeding ok as I have no miss feeds and I get a bb shot every time. now if I put 2/3 bb’s in the hop and put a small amount of pressure on the bb’s (like the spring from the mags)  then I get the FPS drop, so I am thinking that the next bb waiting to go into the hop might be pushing the nozzle out of alignment somehow? but I cannot see how as the pressure from the mags are not that great. Either that or it’s a tappet plate issues not returning every now and again but if it was then why when I drop one bb into the hop dose it still not randomly happen?

Oh and I am using G&G .20 BB’s

Any thoughts or things to try ?

Archived