How much ammo?

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So up until recently I've been running 10 140 round mid caps plus a stanag speed loader for full day woodland games and reloading at lunch. I was getting fed up with the bulk and taking up space on my belt for my pistol and mags. I've cut back to 6 magazines but I'm concerned that I won't have enough ammo for a full half. How much do you guys generally carry for around 3 hours of play?

Depends on the role I was doing. As a support gunner, I'd go out with 4+1 300rd mags. otherwise I'd go out with 6+1 70rd mags, and as a sniper I'd have 2+1 20rd mags

never ran out on anything.

my sig pistol had 4+1 mags

i never carried spare bbs outside of my active mags, didn't like the idea of being holed up somewhere fiddling with a speedloader while my teammates were being rinsed

If I’m running my MWS gbbr I use 3+1 35rd Mags and have a small, 90bb speedloader in a pistol pouch just in case. 

If I’m bored and just want to run around and shoot, then TM recoil scar H with one 540 round hi-cap

1400 rounds?!?

I've never used anything approaching that myself, aways just ran 7x80rd mid-caps (560rd), and am lucky to use them all in a full day, though I'm a conservative 'never go full auto' type. Spose the best bet would just be to carry your BB's and reolaod if you run out. You can just shove a plastic bag into the bottle to muffle the sound, thats what I usually do if I'm carrying BB's for some reason. 

• Supporters

When I use my aeg, I have 3x80BB mags on me, usually it's enough for the half the day, on non skirmishes the whole day. I do single shots only, the gun is sub 350. I guess sniping taught me to know what I can hit.

A billion million rounds!!!! :D

I don't really play seriously so I shoot anything in front of me, sometimes even the site photographer. I have killed many suspicious twigs in my time, I'm a true warrior lol 

I usually take out 6x 140rd mags dont always use them but then again I think its better to have em & not need them.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
55 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

UjgIjwn.gif

This is me at woodland games :lol:

At EAG Dorking I'll probably do about 2500 rounds in a day. Half of that will be in the first two games as there's so many people to shoot at!

At the Mall I'll only do around 300-400 at most for a day.

I can't explain why woodland brings out the Rambo in me, but it must take me back to being a little kids reenacting Schwarzenegger films with my mates in the woods :)

For my M4 i carry 3 x 500rds mags and a 3000 BB bag  as L3wisD stated it depends  n the cannon fodder on the day. I've sometimes not used 500bb before lunch other days it's as if the young blocs want to be shot.:D

• Supporters

I think there are a lot of variables to consider here. 

Where your playing? CQB tend to shoot less.

What your playing? Milsim shoot a hell of a lot less.

How many people are there? If there's only 30, your going to shoot less, if there's 130, bring more ammo!

Personally, I have never got through more than a hi cap a game, and I rarely use this much.

In a support role my brother has managed to get through 10k BBs a day, but he was being a bit Rambo! He is trigger happy, I have seen him use 5 his and 4 mids during 1 game! I tend to use 3 mids and a hi as back up. And always have BBs left over.

One of our team has used 560 rounds in his DMR in 1 game, if I snipe I take out 3 28rd and 2 28rd in mk23 and have never used all that in a game.

Really depends on your play style I guess!

My play style is "For fun". I'm not playing milsim or going for realism, ammo is cheap so spend it well, grin big & have fun in the woods....... Can't wait for Saturday now, as long as I can beat this evil cold of doom. 

I carry a pouch holding about 1000 bbs for spares. I rarely use it tbh but it's (almost) rattle-free and when i do have to dip into it, it's nice to know it's there....

You can get any material and stitch it together to make a small bag/pouch and superglue any screw top onto it (cut the top off a bottle of coke for example) - then you can fill that bag with ~1000 bbs or hoewver many you can fit in there and put it in pocket or pouch on your person.

Alternatively you can buy them ready-made:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-AMMO-BB-CAMOUFLAGE-BAG-POUCH-bb-Storage-Pellet-Storage-Hand-Made-/232202187859

For my mp5 at woodland sites around 2500-3000 per day. I'll happily reload between game though but say 1200-1500 for 3 hours.

700 rounds in mags then have a bag that I made from an old sock, zip tie and bottle neck to carry rest for day.

Again, obviously it depends on your play style.

BCC

• Supporters

My standard setup is 6 x 120BB mags in my TM recoils and 3 pistol mags for my HK45. When I started I think I used to go with 9 mags for the rifle and 3 for the pistol which was just too much. The current setup tends to easily cover me until the point its a half day game with really heavy firefights like you'd sometimes get at the sandpit.

• Moderators

Not a lot, I'm not trigger happy!!

Usually take 6 180rd mags but tend to fill them roughyly with 80ish each, keep 1 maybe 2 speed loaders with me but tend to fill up at respawn if needed anyway

just depends on games being played .... some have ammo limits until and objective is done

sometimes i take low caps caps out instead

2 mags for the glock.... but only have ability to carry 2 on holster. !!!

brother will take 4 300ish high caps and prob get through one or two to what I do....

just take what you feel comfy with as there is no right or wrong answer!! :)

In Italy we mainly use high caps.

The reason is simple: our fields are mainly located in wooden areas, with plenty of bushes and fallen trees. Trying to hit a guy in semi auto behind a bush at 20m is like trying to score a bullseye at 50m with a bow and both arms broken..

I personally carry 2+1 330rds high caps and a small bag of about 1000 bbs with me and sometimes I don't even need to refill the magazines..

When I play cqb I carry 4+1 120rds midcaps, the same 1000bb bag and 2 speed loaders (kept empty to avoid tactical maracas)

I take 4+1 high caps. However, 2 are filled with tracer rounds, so i can switch out to that if/when I need to.

very rarely do I get through even 1 high cap, unless I get in a nice meaty stand off. I refill one mag (from half empty) every 2 or so rounds at the mall

• Head Moderator
14 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

4×40rnd mags and occasionally a high cap just in case and 4 pistol mags.

Looking at the amount some people are carrying I can't help but think people need to learn how to aim.

4 x 400 rnd hi-caps, and 3000 BB in a bag just in case. Then simply spray & pray or spray the prey.  Even when I miss, the other team may still slip on the floor due to the sheer number of BBs scattered all over the floor. :P

Seriously though, I tend to carry either 4 x 82 mags or 1 hi-cap and refill, depending on where I am playing.

• Moderators

Even though i take 6, i will prob only get through 2, 2 1/2 mags....im selective with my shooting and use single shot 99% of the time :)

• Supporters

I try to keep at least 4×120rnd mid-caps on me. 3 on my person and one in the gun. I also run a high cap magazine just in case I run out. Rarely happens, however. I tend to use single fire for the most part. 

I usually stick to single shots and go to full only when near enemy bases.

Games I play usually last an hour or so before returning to safe zone. (Absolute Reading)

1x Hi-cap and 2x Mid-caps as backup

1 pistol mag (for close encounters)

Average is about 1500 bb's for a day

Archived