Holster advice needed

Gregatron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm picking up a TM hi-capa 4.3 45 extreme next week. I need a good holster.

Not a leg holster, as they're too annoying (I'm sure you all know that already)

Preferably something I can molle on to my belt.

So far this doesn't sound hard does it? Well I'm a lefty, and everything good I can find is for right handers :-(

Help, suggestions, advice, or links are appreciated.

Greg

• Supporters

Get yourself a "faux" l/h 1911 serpa from eBay, shipped in from hk/china should cost between £12-£18, depending on the mount you want.

their easy to mod to take the hi-capa.

• Head Moderator

You do not give a budget.  The Warrior Assault Systems holster, both left and right handed, are good quality  https://www.uktactical.com/p-11484-warrior-universal-pistol-holster-left-hand-multicam.aspx

• Supporters

JM, what kinda mount does the warrior holster have ?, I love warrior kit, for the money it's the best value real steel kit out there, but serpa's (& copies), give much more in the way of mounting options, ESP for Molle setups.

I'm a lefty and use the Warrior universal holster for my Glock 18 which is attached using molle to my belt and as Jedi master said its good quality and easy to adjust if you buy a different pistol in the future.

Hope this helps

• Supporters

Safariland. Just get a bloody Safariland. Go to Amazon, Get a left handed GLS, pick your mount. Done. Ill be happy to talk you through the options if you require. That was basically my job when I lived in the UK haha. 

Sorry, I forgot to give my budget, about £50. I've been looking at the warrior for a while, which is why my budget is there.

It looks good, but I've heard some iffy things about the retention, and since it's at the upper end of my budget I didn't want to just jump in without asking some advice.

So far a lot of people have suggested the warrior holster. 

• Supporters

A GLS is in that range. The GLSs are a new thing for Safariland, as most of their stuff is made for law enforcement and military, but the GLSs are for civvie use, so a lot cheaper.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Safariland-Pro-Fit-Standard-Duty-Gear/dp/B00UTMDKRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507644237&sr=8-1&keywords=safariland+578+left

23 hours ago, Gregatron said:

Hi,

I'm picking up a TM hi-capa 4.3 45 extreme next week. I need a good holster.

Not a leg holster, as they're too annoying (I'm sure you all know that already)

Preferably something I can molle on to my belt.

So far this doesn't sound hard does it? Well I'm a lefty, and everything good I can find is for right handers :-(

Help, suggestions, advice, or links are appreciated.

Greg

I would definitely suggest a locking holster. I've recommended it before, I'll recommend it again - because of its design, it's perfect for airsoft where dimensions could be a little off from the real thing - Safariland GLS - great quality, comes for left hand, and as a universal-fit holster it's generally adjustable to the right size. Plus being on amazon, you can always just return it no fuss if it's slightly the wrong fit, and exchange it for a different model.

I think Standard would probably be best for a hi capa, perhaps possibly Standard-Wide with a shim? Perhaps SeniorSpaz87 can tell you which for a TM 4.3.

• Supporters

OP, if you do decide on the GLS, PM me and ill work with you to figure out the exact model you need.

So I went with the warrior, and it's great! 

Fits the hi capa perfectly and I love the retention and release.

thanks for the help everyone

Archived