Sweat in goggles.

LewisUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am very unfit, and have a tendency to sweat a lot, even on indoor games this is a problem (I play both CQB and Woodland) so it isn't the rain, and they don't fog up at all (I use revision fog wipes).

My goggles will end up looking like I have just had a shower after about 10 minutes of running around and I can't really see out of them due to all of the sweat that has dripped from my forehead into my goggles, is there any way to stop this? I was looking at a sort of sweatband to just wear and ring out after each game and then wash it after the game day.

I am using Revision Desert Locust goggles with a lower mesh mask and a baseball cap. 

Thanks

• Head Moderator

This link may help

There are lots of topics about, sweat, fogging, anti-fog, etc.  Just try some search terms and have a read.

• Moderators

I use the fan version and still suffer the same, drizzle of death!!!

yesterday I was outside, Tuddenham, warm day

i used a pair with no bottom foam, only top

i used abbey anti fog spray on goggles

no luck with drizzle 

used Bob Heath spray after lunch, similar affect.... must have sweated loads as in eyes and stung like bugget!!

used a headband and stopped some running down later on when I remembered I had it.... also reversed cap so fan unobstructed 

Will remove top foam as no point it being there tbh in Airsoft

best luck i have had is fogtech wipes on my ESSv12s with no foam 

i also wear a cap and lower mask 

sorry prob no help!!!!

• Supporters

Huh, I have the same problem.  I far prefer clear glasses/goggles to mesh as I play indoor CQB with dark spaces and the mesh really cuts down on the light.  But then as soon as I get exerty, I start to fog up.  Disappointingly, I even got significant fogging with ASG dual pane goggles.

I've just cut the top off my cap and replaced it with mesh (not one of the missus' fishnets, if anyone asks).

But what I'm pinning my hopes on is what I used to use on my motorcycle visors before I discovered pinlock inserts: Cat Crap.

No, not a joke, an actual product.  Search for "Cat Crap anti fog".

Z2UOGwM.jpg

It's expensive as all get-out for a tiny pot, but it only needs a small application and it does actually work. Or at least it used to work on my visor, and it worked on my airsoft goggles when I did one lens and gave them a kettle test.  I didn't take a picture, but this is how it works on a visor:

cy0lu5N.jpg

Whether it works in game, I'll find out this Sunday.  I have some mesh goggles on the way as well as a backup though.

• Moderators

One thing people should remember though, what works for one won't work for someone else!!

keep us posted on CC though, shame we can't get testers to use!!!!

• Supporters

This doesn't sound like a fogging issue.  It sounds like the goggles are getting wet from sweat and probably moisture from breath being directed upwards by the mesh. 

There's basically no simple fix, get fitter and sweat less, ditch the lower mesh which is directing your breath up into your goggles.

I've tried everything during my time as a motorcyclist,paintballer and now airsofter,I apparently am one that cannot wear mesh,I keep seeing the squares.

But I had a revelation this year in fact a by product of going to the gym(yep fatty too),I purchased a pair of fanned goggles (TG),added cat crap and the winner,,started wearing a 80's style head sweatband and I even forgot to turn the fan on for 1 game.I tend to turn it on and off as I need it,usually  I need it after wobbling around at speed.

• Supporters

Snap, I couldn't get on with the rental mesh mask at all, I found it kept grabbing my focus when I was trying to look at the sights or target.

I was wondering about a headband, but I figured that wearing a cotton cap pulled down onto my forehead would help. In the event though I think it was just making me sweat more.

Oh, I was wearing my lower face mesh mash snugged directly under the goggles.  At the end of the day, I nudged it up just a bit so that the nose piece was sitting on top of them - I saw an immediate improvement, so a lot of it does seem to be deflected breath.

• Supporters

Ah, I'd wondered if there was a Gucci mesh option.  Browsing through eBay / Amazon, pretty much all mesh goggles up to £20 look like they used the same thin, flat mesh which you can see being shot through at close range.

The Heroshark stuff looks a lot deeper and chunkier, I might give that a go when my lottery numbers come up.

56 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ah, I'd wondered if there was a Gucci mesh option.  Browsing through eBay / Amazon, pretty much all mesh goggles up to £20 look like they used the same thin, flat mesh which you can see being shot through at close range.

The Heroshark stuff looks a lot deeper and chunkier, I might give that a go when my lottery numbers come up.

I'll sell you mine cheap when I find them,if you want...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, snuff said:

I'll sell you mine cheap when I find them,if you want...

Get thee behind me, Satan, I'm just after giving you a fortnight's lunch money for that Franchi.  Mmm, bulk-buy noodles again. :lol:

Heh, thanks for the offer - I'll see how I get on with the Cat Crap this weekend, but might get back to you if I'm still having problems.

i'm another one that suffers from sweat inside the goggle and what not. on both my fan assisted ones and my ESS glasses.  after every game i normally come back and give them a clean of anti-fog spray.

a couple of times i've had to come back early as the vision got worse.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I still get the "indoor rain" sensation in my goggles even with two mini fans going full pelt and revision wipes.. albeit only on cold days.

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here had a great idea for sorting the problem.

Two of those tiny strong magnets, and a bit of glasses cleaning cloth or microfiber cloth.

One magnet either side of the Goggle lens with a bit of cloth between magnet and lens.

It should (I've not tried it) give you a lens wiping option like a fish tank cleaner!

• Moderators

i remember that as well....wasnt so sure if it would work for me as i'd need a big cloth!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I still get the "indoor rain" sensation in my goggles even with two mini fans going full pelt and revision wipes.. albeit only on cold days.

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here had a great idea for sorting the problem.

Two of those tiny strong magnets, and a bit of glasses cleaning cloth or microfiber cloth.

One magnet either side of the Goggle lens with a bit of cloth between magnet and lens.

It should (I've not tried it) give you a lens wiping option like a fish tank cleaner!

For a change that was me with some good advice...:D

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Get thee behind me, Satan, I'm just after giving you a fortnight's lunch money for that Franchi.  Mmm, bulk-buy noodles again. :lol:

Heh, thanks for the offer - I'll see how I get on with the Cat Crap this weekend, but might get back to you if I'm still having problems.

I have some heroshark goggles you can have a look at on Sunday aha

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I have some heroshark goggles you can have a look at on Sunday aha

That would be great, thanks.  Have you tried them at the Depot?  I found it a real struggle to see anything in the dark sections there with the cheap hire masks.

Oh, I've just ordered a sweat band, having finally found one in khaki.

Well, beige.  Mmmm, beige.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That would be great, thanks.  Have you tried them at the Depot?  I found it a real struggle to see anything in the dark sections there with the cheap hire masks.

After a minute I personally don't notice the difference even in the bottom floor.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

i just wore one i had when i played Volleyball / basketball...and never wore it!.....oddly the nike tick shows through the back of my cap!! haha

The best way I've found to get round this is a cap that if not soaks up, the at least blocks the sweat and low profile goggles that sit slight off my face. They still give full protection as the gap is not enough for a BB to get through but I've found that makes a huge difference, and I'm a sweaty bastard.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

low profile goggles that sit slight off my face. They still give full protection as the gap is not enough for a BB to get through but I've found that makes a huge difference, and I'm a sweaty bastard.

Cheers, I'll try that.  I'd read that clamping the goggles tighter onto your face stops moist breath getting into them from below, but it seems like it would also stop them venting from above.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Cheers, I'll try that.  I'd read that clamping the goggles tighter onto your face stops moist breath getting into them from below, but it seems like it would also stop them venting from above.

Yeah I originally tried them with a strap holding them tight on my face but they were constantly fogging

Archived