A few questions about Magpul PTS RM4 ERG

forumslv
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I have a Magpul PTS RM4 ERG  with the recoil. I have attached picture with numbers to better explain the problem.

Number 1 and 2 what are the part names for that part? Mine is broken (next to the rail, glued with the super glue now, so I can use the hand grip) and the current one is the plastic, any ideas where to buy online?

Number 3. Is there any way how to fix, so isn't wobbling? How do I fix it and what should I get for that? Maybe if I get new number 1 and 2 then it would stop?

Regards

20171005_033547.jpg

• Supporters

1 lower hand guard

2 upper hand guard

3 barrel nut

if I remember correctly these are made by kwa, and if I remember correctly you can get bits direct from there website.

• Supporters

Good luck with trying to stop an M4 wobbling.

Most airsoft guns have problems by design. M4's is the wobbling. Things can wobble are front sight, outer barrel, front grip, upper receiver, stock tube, stock, hopup unit, inner barrel, magazine.

Other guns have other problems so there is no best choice really.

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

Good luck with trying to stop an M4 wobbling.

Most airsoft guns have problems by design. M4's is the wobbling. Things can wobble are front sight, outer barrel, front grip, upper receiver, stock tube, stock, hopup unit, inner barrel, magazine.

Other guns have other problems so there is no best choice really.

All of which can be fixed, if you have the patience, tools and the skills to use them.

Failing that, super glue, duct tape, Gripfill and cable ties. Go for the ghetto look...

• Supporters

If it's a rotational type wobble (if you shoulder the rifle and hold the vertical grip, you can twist it from side to side) then either the barrel nut or the delta ring (the ridged collar around the outside) is a bit loose or it could just be the above mentioned poor design. Even if the barrel nut is tight there will always be a bit of wobble unless you change it for a free floating type handguard that is securely bolted to the front end of the receiver.

Archived