Best pistol in winter, Tm 5.1 og KWJ 1911 co2 or ?

occidio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Co2 is more reliable in cold weather, i have never had a problem with my TM hicapa's (have about three) cheaper to use green gas to!

well saying that i have used propane in them for about 5 years without a problem!

• Supporters

The only time I've ever had an issue with TM pistols is firing around 10 shots rapid fire when it's subzero and at that point you/I need to learn to aim better. CO2 is blanket banned at some sites and whilst people say it's more reliable I've not had a need for more reliable than green gas when I don't basically force the gun to vent.

I don't think Co2 is due to it's expansion when heated because it's stored as a liquid.it is inconsitent at the best of times that why a lot of sites have banned it's use.

My Hi-cappa was the only pistol I used in the winter that actually worked,green gas.

sounds like the TM could be a good choice
 Is there any difference in the stability of TM 4.3 vs 5.1 in cold weather, I think the magazine of 5.1  holds more gas?

• Head Moderator

I tend to warm my magazines up after filling them by simply holding them in my hands for a while and in keeping in my trouser pockets when in the safe zone.  Helps take the chill off before use.  No idea how much the body-heat increases the temperature of the metal / gas but I find that it works for me.

On 07/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, occidio said:

What are your experiences, what are the best TM greengas or Co2 pistols? and it must be gbb?

100% the TM hi-capa gold match, out of any airsoft gbb pistol I own or have ever own it suffers from cool down the least.. After seeing tim at redwolf  TV do a cold temperature operation test on the gold match I knew I had to get the gun. 

When I shoot at my local firearms club the weather get extreme as the club is underground, to sometimes in the summer is extremely hot and in the winter it can get extremely cold, sometimes so cold most of my gbb guns did not like operating for long, including my co2 powered pistols, so I was hoping the gold match would be the pistol to solve that, and it was. 

So after seeing tims video I bought the gold match and did roughly the same cold temperature test myself and got the same results. 

The gold match out performs all my other TM pistols including standard TM hi-capas, although all my TMs perform well, the gold match just performs better in all aspects, in fact it is my favourite all round gun. For me it just ticks all the boxes. :)

ATB Marc 

• 1 month later...

I bought a TM 5.1 and I have to say that it does not disappoint. I put it into the fridge for 1 hour, at 3 degrees celsius and it fired an entire magazine flawlessly.. Thank you.

Archived