Sign in to follow this  
stig

The joy of tuning :)

Its all about spending 5 hours grinding a steel trigger sear down to the perfect shape so it fits into a trigger box it wasnt designed for then to make it a good trigger pull...

I'll stick to building computers way less silicone oil grease and metal scrapings to be covered in. :lol:

5 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Me too, love a bit of fettling

I've got a couple of mods planned for the Bolt too John :)

10 minutes ago, stig said:

I've got a couple of mods planned for the Bolt too John :)

Ooooh, nice

Nice to see this, a lot of people in the field were like "don't touch it until it breaks," I can see what they mean and I understand they are just trying to save me some time and frustration and keep me enjoying the sport.

but I, like my father before me, almost enjoy the mechanical side as much as the actual event. I rebuilt the engine of a jap v6 twin turbo and honestly loved every painstaking moment of it. So with airsoft I'm gonna do what you did. Take my time, read the resources and do everything to my gun to make it the best it can possibly be.

My mate has bought the same gun as I have, so it will be interesting to compare a before and after. I'm planning on Shimming, AOE, R-Hop, stretch the piston o-ring and polishing everything. I'm confident. I've gone through the pain of straightening valves on a 24v V6. It can't possibly require any more patience than that!!

Dont mean to pee on the parade but you said full auto worked and its firing over 370 fps, isnt that now illegal?

I know people will say about the risk of being caught is low but lets face it no one wants to be the 1st!

James1989: He's planning to make it semi only when the mods are complete.  Just testing full auto to see if it worked smoothly.

Well done Stig.  You can do mine next ;)

I think the advice of having a pro do the work is a general reply for people who are very new and want to tinker without knowing what's involved.

Anyone who is mechanically inclined, interested to learn and patient can do this kind of stuff.

Hi EDcase,

Maybe so I only comment because I really dont want any troubpe for the sport or a fellow forum user! Have a good weekend and happy pewwing!

3 hours ago, James1989 said:

Hi EDcase,

Maybe so I only comment because I really dont want any troubpe for the sport or a fellow forum user! Have a good weekend and happy pewwing!

Good call

6 hours ago, James1989 said:

Dont mean to pee on the parade but you said full auto worked and its firing over 370 fps, isnt that now illegal?

I know people will say about the risk of being caught is low but lets face it no one wants to be the 1st!

No worries and you're right to point it out. But I've now installed a lockout to the selector (mini allen screw) so no more full auto :) Definitely DMR only and safely within the site limit for it.

You're just going to carry an Allen key with you :ph34r:

Perish the thought! :)