GFC GF25

uniweekendwarrior
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I found a new a&k 2.5 for 55 delivered.

And the site tech I've talked to seems to just increasing the price wanting to put a ascu mosfet in that's 70 pounds just there. With repairs as well that's easy going to be over 100 pounds 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
20 minutes ago, uniweekendwarrior said:

I found a new a&k 2.5 for 55 delivered.

And the site tech I've talked to seems to just increasing the price wanting to put a ascu mosfet in that's 70 pounds just there. With repairs as well that's easy going to be over 100 pounds 

Why an ASCU ???

I mean yeah you could just program it for one shot burst to achieve the semi only DMR

But it is likely to remain just a DMR single shot mofo so why the bells & whistles

Get the gun working as it should be, simple mosfet, selector mod costs nothing etc.....

M130 spring - max 509mm barrel - likely a 455mm barrel & good hop - THIS is where the money should go

If you have a full size fixed stock like often on SR-25's then plop the mosfet in there with extra switch to fire on auto

nice decent 11.1v battery block which will likely overspin a little but not too much on a m130 std gears etc....

fire it on a 7.4v lipo to park the piston without overspin/pre-cocking you get on 11.1v at end of day

Up to you but it is a sr25 mofo so you won't be needing to go back to full auto or use it for room clearing cqb

So it will look like a dmr single shot bastid so why anything fancy when it isn't needed for the task in hand

This is the trap we all fall into into, sinking money into stuff that isn't always needed or warranted in the end

If you want you could get the A&K box maybe but there might be a little fitment issue

(might not be but best prepare just in case)

At least then you will have a fuller volume v2.5 in the end for 510-550mm barrels lifting 0.40's etc....

Maybe that might be an option....

But you could/should still get the old qwirky v2.2 JG/GFC weirdo box fixed up anyway

(can't use it in anything else)

maybe send the box to fixed and weigh up a possible A&K v2.5 perhaps

But I personally would not bothering with anything fancy on a single shot DMR tbh as I said

Up to you, can mess about with burst & precocking etc.... but think it isn't really paramount on the gun in question

3 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Why an ASCU ???

I mean yeah you could just program it for one shot burst to achieve the semi only DMR

But it is likely to remain just a DMR single shot mofo so why the bells & whistles

Get the gun working as it should be, simple mosfet, selector mod costs nothing etc.....

Upselling isn't he really. 

I'm looking for a tech to do it who's not going to take the Mick. 

• Supporters

Yeah - fancy costly bits n bobs don't matter if they aren't picking up the tab

I mean yes it would be fancy with bells & whistles, precocking hairline trigger

But it ain't even a proper v2.5 box anyway

I'd be tempted to consider an A&K perhaps then get the GFC v2.2 redone as a spare

if/when the A&K needs a service tweak or busts you got the old box as a spare

Both boxes could be wired up to same basic Gate Nano ASR or wtf their own cheapo 3034 in the end

If it has the full size fixed stock then you got loads of room to just chuck all the wiring/mosfet/chunky battery etc....

Really don't need anything fancy imho, just the box running correctly & efficiently smooth with good seals - that's all imho

• Supporters

If you are really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really....

Up $hit creek without a paddle or life jacket, boat leaking water and you just drilled another hole to let the water out

Maybe if you are really stuck, but get it done locally will save postage, put you in more control

Just tell the guys to keep it simple but nothing fancy - just get it running like it should

Haha, It's ok I've sent it to a tech now. Believe it or not there is no local airsoft retailers near me. Closest one is over an hours drive and actually works out more expensive in petrol then just to post it. 

I do really appreciate your help though and I'm sure I'll be back at some point after totally f*cking something else up :)

Archived