Way to drop fps.

Bloom1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A hot gun is a hot gun... I regularly tell people they are not playing if their gun is over. If you know the site limits and your gun is over that tough sh*t. As a marshal wouldn't I run the risk of letting someone pass through letting them play and then something happen. Not worth running the risk on a personal and "professional" level 

Hmmm it's alright saying all this but as I said, I know some BIG sites where I've seen this first hand!

Won't name names but we're talking sites with players that regularly exceed 100 players.

I'm not a marshall, my guns aren't hot - personally I don't care, I just thought saying a guy "cheated" a chrono then insulting him for it was harsh.

3 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

Hmmm it's alright saying all this but as I said, I know some BIG sites where I've seen this first hand!

Won't name names but we're talking sites with players that regularly exceed 100 players.

I'm not a marshall, my guns aren't hot - personally I don't care, I just thought saying a guy "cheated" a chrono then insulting him for it was harsh.

To be fair maybe could have been worded better but the sentiment is correct, if you are  knowingly doing something wrong even if someone told you its fine its still wrong....

• Supporters
1 hour ago, callumbagshaw said:

If you know your gun is hot then you adjust it to pass chrono then adjust it back so its hot again to play then what else is it other than cheating chrono?

Anyone who knowingly cheats whether that's hot guns, none hit taking or any of the other well known stuff is being dick simple. Could be the nicest guy ever but at the point you cheat your a dick it's not personal just how it is.

30 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

If that is the case I would bring the issue up with the site owners otherwise it'll just carry on and by knowing its wrong and not speaking up some could say that's just as bad...

If you get caught doing 32MPH on a road where the speed limit is 30MPH, you aren't penalized as you're given a leeway of 10%.

It's my opinion that the same should go for site limits but that's a whole different conversation for another thread for another day.

Obviously if someone comes out onto the field firing way over the FPS limit, that's wrong.... But if there's 10% leeway I PERSONALLY would be fine with that.

For example, if you're shot from  let's say 15 or 20 meters away and get hit at 330FPS, sometimes it hurts, soemtimes it doesn't. Get hit at 338FPS, sometimes it hurts, sometimes it doesn't. The difference is negligible. (let's not get into joules here it's just a loose example)

Get hit at 450FPS from the same distance though and it's probably going to hurt more

obviously muzzle velocity and the speed a bb is going (before the weight of it is even considered) are different but you see my point

Archived