Sample BB Packs

Cutrimson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make: decent
Item: 6mm plastic BB
Desired Condition: new
Swaps/Part Exchange: no
Budget: ?

Hi, if this is in wrong section, please move.

I am looking for a sample/variety/starter pack of different weight BB's, similar to what is available here

https://justairsoftammo.com/products/jaas-valken-tactical-heavy-weight-airsoft-bb-sample-pack

but UK based. 

Don't really want to spend loads of money on 3000 of each when trying out different weights.

TIA

• Root Admin

Probably the wrong section as this is really for classifieds (people looking for other private individuals selling stuff). However, might I suggest looking at Geoffs if you need heavy BBs - they're the best I've found so far and the brand is even UK owned so we should get a consistent supply (unlike BB Bastard and Laser Dot). Also, you don't need to be trying out 'different weights' that much - the consensus is a minimum of .25 for outdoors play and .30 is getting more popular (but still dwarfed by the number using .25). Only go above .30 for sniping unless you have very deep pockets and a good hop unit.

• Supporters

Unfortunately I am yet to buy them, when I played at Dragons lair a couple of weeks ago, I played with Kicking Mustang and Mr Longbow, and he was kind enough to give me and my buddy a couple of mags full of .43g Longbow BBs to try.

We were instantly impressed, feed really well, consistently accurate, looked superb and are competitively priced compared to Geoffs.  Definitely give them a try if your sniping.

• Root Admin

Hm, I'm not really convinced if it's literally just a handful of people who've used them. There are still horribly hygroscopic BBs floating about and their price makes me quite suspicious as well as the darker colour of the heavier BBs (indicating metal use like in some other brands, which is cheaper to manufacture). Geoffs have been in circulation for some time now and are fairly well acclaimed. One of the big problems with these cheaper BBs is how they swell slightly over time - though this was mostly fixed with lighter weights, a lot of cheaper heavy BBs still use hygroscopic materials to keep costs low and even a fraction of a change in their size will throw your hop off slightly if you're not using a new bag (tends to be anything older than two months). Again, this might not be the case but I'd be careful about recommending anything in airsoft that's not been circulated around the community for a fair few months first.

As far as pricing goes: 500 BBs go a long way for sniping. If you're firing more than a bag in a day then you're probably doing it wrong anyway so price is less of an object. I completely agree on sub-.30s though where price does factor in a lot more.

• Supporters

Longbows have been around for months, back when I first started sniping in March guys on site were using them, I hadn't heard of them before that. 

I couldnt possibly comment on the materials used or their long term longevity, my buddy has bought 2 bottles so we shall be able to tell you how good they are over the next few months. 

They are like Geoffs in respect you can only get them from a few places, direct from Longbows site or Airsoft World(I think)(the guys who run Dragons lair site shop). 

From what i have seen so far they shall be our go to sniper BBs until they give us a reason not to!

• Supporters

Longbows are the best right now easily available in the UK.

Geoffs are second, but only because of the price, because they are the same (BLS) BBs. Longbows got the new batch first and was better than Geoffs for a month or two. It's funny to see the owners of those companies fight in random facebook posts about BBs.

Myself and I think all the Sniper Ops players are using Longbows.

Re. Price - I though Geoffs were cheaper than Longbows?

£14.99 https://outdoorandtactical.co.uk/product/geoffs-super-precision-0-40g-1000/?v=79cba1185463
vs
£15.99 https://www.longbowbb.co.uk/product-page/longbow-0-40-x-1000

P&P is nominally the same?

• Root Admin

Ok, so AFAIK Geoffs haven't been using the same standard BLS BBs ever but instead the 'new' line that're a mildly different colour. Looking at mine, they look a lot lighter than the Longbow ones but can anyone compare their .40+ ones in colour as this specifically would appear to distinguish the standard Geoffs from the Super Precision ones according to their own posts. Allegedly the standard ones are known for leaving more residue in the barrel over time (especially the heavier standard ones).

So in short, the standard 'Precision' Geoffs are the same as Longbow, but the 'Super Precision' are the harder, more premium line of BLS that Longbow doesn't sell. Basically Longbow are selling the same line that Geoffs uses for their standard ammo - not the premium sniping stuff.

Oddly enough I was going to order some Longbows as I've got some new Geoffs .40s coming, but was going to see how I got on with the Geoffs in case I went up in weight for the Longbows (just bought and upgraded VSR shooting 500fps on .20s). If I do - will let you know how they compare.

Archived