Cyma shotgun yay or nay

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at buying a cyma cm.355m to use as a main weapon until I get my ukara sorted dose anyone here use one of these and are the worth the money any feed back would be great 

• Supporters

The pump action is pretty stiff on tri-shots, it'll get tiring quite quickly.  There's a guy at my local CQB who carries one in a back scabbard for tacticool purposes but very rarely chooses it over his MP5.  Ryan Silver Fox uses a gas tri-shot as a CQB primary, but also reckons the hand pumped ones are a ball ache.  Well, an arm ache anyway.

So I'd suggest that you go for an AEG carbine first, Smurf painted as necessary.  I really can't fault my £75 CYMA M4 as a starting gun.

All that said, I still quite fancy getting a shotgun myself, but I'd go for the cheapest Double Eagles which actually get fairly decent reviews (I wouldn't touch anything else by them), or have a look at what Gunfire can provide with a free dayglo paintjob:

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152206692-CM351-Shotgun-Replica.html

https://gunfire.pl/eng_m_Technical-support_Free-painting-service-make-the-airsoft-gun-meet-your-local-law-requirements-14144.html

If I was ever going to do a shotgun my only critera would be that at some point I could cut it up to make an M4 masterkey.

http://www.evike.com/products/28997/

To do that you would need a pump shotgun, with upper ris, and a pistol style grip.

You should probably go for a main first over a shotgun. The guy I skirmish with has a few. Never once seen him put one in a bag for a shoot.

I think they are worth it for the price, but only ever used mine indoors, so can't comment on what they are like at a distance, it's been a few year since I used my Double Eagle.

That said I'm still thinking of getting a new one as it is always handy to not have to worry about having your battery die or gas / hpa run out and to have one as a back up. I bought the CM 351 for a mate a few month back and considering a 352 or 355 myself. I'd be interested to handle them to get an idea of the difference between metal and polymer variant that warrants the extra money though.

Cheers guys was thinking of a shotgun for now as I have a chance to buy a m249 off a friend as soon as my ukara is sorted so don't think I really need a aeg

• Supporters

Ah, fair enough.  I had a play today with an ASG SAS Franchi tri-shot, the short one without a stock.  Surprisingly light and handy, I'm definitely going to add one at some point.  One thing that struck me was that it has no rail for mounting any sort of scope, and low (but pretty decent) iron sights. So effectively you have to hold it right in front of your face to aim it, making a stock a distinct disadvantage for airsoft use.

i have a double eagle one with a ris and i love it. get decent range out side and i didnt find it very tiring either. i took arouns 20 shells out for a game and found myself using them all! they are really fun to use. ide reccomend it. so supprising to rush the opposition with it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Little BUMP.  I got an ASG Franchi tri-shot and used it for a good few hours today in CQB.

There's no adjustable hop.  It's apparently got a fixed hop, but you'd never know it - shots from all three barrels drop off rapidly.  The effective range is very short - you'll be lucky to get consistent hits at 10m and will be outranged by gas pistols.

If the CYMA is anything like that, it's just not going to be suitable for anything other than very-CQB.

All that said, I had an absolute blast with it because it's much lighter than even a plastic carbine, and it forces you to play more aggressively.  But I couldn't recommend one for general purpose use.

• Supporters
On 1 October 2017 at 3:33 PM, Fat-jd said:

Cheers guys was thinking of a shotgun for now as I have a chance to buy a m249 off a friend as soon as my ukara is sorted so don't think I really need a aeg

Are you over 18 ?, if yes buy your friends 249 now, he knows your a genuine skirmisher so that's a defence criteria met, ukara is just bs to make us mainly buy from retailers.

Yeah mate went for the 249 played my first game with it today really impressed with the fire power only draw back was trying to keep up with the pace of the game 

• Supporters

What's the brand, sounds like classic army, they're lumpy beasts lol.

Yeah mate classic army done a full day went through more bbq than I can count 4 lipo batterys an a whole can of green gas for the 1911 oh the fun hard work starting the chainsaw today tho 

Archived