Are they really that good?

Mr Monkey Nuts
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Krytacs? #clickbaittitle

I'm fed up with my aegs being too unreliable (my own fault for tinkering) so im on the market for a new gun to just use and enjoy playing again.

My choices are:

Krytac CRB - OOS everywhere, £330

G&G mk18 - £160

CYMA ak74 - £150

Simple mods such as a prowin, hop rubber and a gate mosfet on for less than £60 if truely neccesary, but even then this still brings them amost £100 less than a Krytac. 

Metal vs plstic is neither here nor there. Its mainly tne gearbox and motor im interested in. 

So krtyac they have been around a while now, hype or genuinely that much better?

Much love xx

• Supporters

Will you mess with it ???

YES - don't buy Krytac

Motors - depends which motor is inside Krytac

30k or 20k

CM18 "should" have the G&G Blue Powerful which is a decent stock motor @ 25k

(slightly slightly stronger magnets but not crazy neodym - better than 18k G&G but no 30k SHS HT)

Pretty sure both motors are the " O " shaped pinions

If you get a crap 18k grey G&G then that is a bummer - "should" be blue G&G but don't sue me

If you get a 20k Krytac - well $hit happens, they did this to stop UK guns going nutz on high juice

G&G is half the price, nowt needs changing until it busts - NOTHING !!!!

ProWin may make it worse, it might shoot quite well as is

Motor is pretty decent, could drop faster 13:1's in there and hit near 19rps on 7.4v

but it isn't sluggish anyway on std 18:1 gears

It has a 120 mid cap, G&G mid caps can be picky in other guns & need a speedloader

Or get a high cap - flash hider is not my favourite type but I'm being ultra picky now

(Major whinge - wtf do they still put the white CM Combat Machine on this lovely gun ffs) 

That is about it on the CM18 one of the better G&G's imho 

Krytac is a superior gun but is twice the price but ready to go

Well still doesn't have deans on there but small tamiya

But Krytac Allizard said that was due to patent thingy regarding deans not backing airsoft

Or saying no to Kriss as they make real bang bangs etc....

Don't know but might explain why no/few guns come with deans but small tamiya (no patent)

In effect it is a Ford Vs BMW so to speak - not an easy true comparison

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

In effect it is a Ford Vs BMW so to speak - not an easy true comparison

Easy comparison, buy BMW.  Although I always thought it was more like Ford v Toyota, and that TM is the BMW of the airsoft world :P

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Easy comparison, buy BMW.  Although I always thought it was more like Ford v Toyota, and that TM is the BMW of the airsoft world :P

That is unfair - Toyota had all them recalls not so long ago losing loads of sales & reputation

G&G with their ETU is like Toyota or telling lies about the unit is fine it is the owner's batteries

Reminds me a bit of VW's diesel emission scandal - liars liars liars

OK lets say:

G&G = Ford/VW - everybody has had one at some time

Krytac = Audi perhaps "Vorsprung durch Technik"

Tokyo Marui = BMW - driven by old farts :D

kidding - just jealous as I have a collection of Yugo's :D:D:D

• Supporters

Get an ares amoeba, amazing gearboxes, built in fets, able to handle 11.1 lipo's.

I love my ares vz58 (it's got an amoeba fet in it), trigger response is amazing and it's got a really nice 60'ish meter range on 0.25's (measured with laser range finder) ... all stock

edit :- have a go with one if you can

I bought a Krytac mk2 SPR a few months ago, put a Prometheus barrel in it. I'm honestly not really that impressed. It seems to have lost about 70fps as well... I couldn't recommend them for the price, the scorpion evo is about the same price and feels on a whole new level internals wise, and shoots probably a bit further than the krytac somehow.

Archived