G&G AEG GC1-46

TarikMerryface
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have looked through sooooooooo many AEGs. Reading the specs, researching what the specs mean. I've gone through so many potential choices, some of the top being the ICS SA80 (nostalgia from OTC), the Krytac MK2 trident CRB and the G&G  ARG TR15 Raider XL.

The top candidate at the moment is the G&G AEG GC1-46. The only I've found only videos or text so far are from retailers trying to sell the thing. Anyone here owned it before with anything to say about it? Feedback on any of the ones mentionned would also be welcome

• Supporters

It's still a fairly new piece of kit so probably not many that have owned it I'm afraid!

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Lozart said:

It's still a fairly new piece of kit so probably not many that have owned it I'm afraid!

Unless they have changed it with a major revamp it is an oldie

a vid from 2014:

As far as I'm aware it is a blowback model which afaik G&G are phasing out

I never commented coz not owned one and tbh unlikely to

if OP loves 416 then you got VFC with trades, WE make both aeg & gbb & cheapo D-Boys 8001 or 801 or 614

Personally if you want a great gun then play safe with a Krytac

There are loads n loads of other options but most of the mid to high end G&G's I would not rate that highly

New G&G ETU guns are hit n miss - which is a real shame coz they could have continued to dominate

Alas too many reliability issues have not helped and seriously think G&G's R&D dept has lost it way a bit

What the ETU2 module is like remains to be seen, not sure if the 5 round burst modules are out just yet

But G&G really need to get their act together in 2018

Just my thoughts - think they are or were a great gun but just lost their way a little over past few years

• Supporters

GC just denotes the "intermediate" ranges that are more expensive than combat machines but not as high spec as Top Tech.

Generally not worth the additional cost over a combat machine in my opinion.

• Supporters

You are correct sir - GC it seems to just be slightly better & possible metal combats...

G&G have re-done their site it seems

http://www.guay2.com/en/product/detail-69

I knew certain less well known models often turned out to be PBB blowback clickety clack models

LWA tried to offer me a GR4 100Y when they flogged my FireHawk - ergh no thanks I wanted a FH

thanks a lot for the info and sorry for the delay in responding. I was at my brother's in law stag do and it took a wee while to recover :P

So GC models are not worth the extra money. Just came back from a game now. Saw a CM 16. Looked pretty sweet. But I saw for only £130. How reliable would it be? I'm willing to pay extra for better quality, accuracy and range. Not that fussed with Rate of Fire to be honest. 

Archived