TM HK416D or G&G M14 HBA-S?

Nemski
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,

I've been playing airsoft regularly for a couple months now and it's nearly time to get my UKARA sorted and purchase my first gun. The hobby is something I will definitely continue with and my budget isn't an issue as I'd rather splash out on a more expensive gun that will perform well & last a long time rather than start with something cheap (which I'd no doubt want to upgrade shortly after purchasing).

I've done a bunch of research & I'm torn between two guns at this moment:

Tokyo Marui HK416D -  http://www.camoraids.com/shop/airsoft-weapons/airsoft-assault-rifles/tm-hk416d-next-gen/

G&G M14 EBR (HBA-S) Short barrel - http://airsoftzone.co.uk/gr14-ebr-short-hba-s-m14-rifle-aeg-gng

The TM I know is a favourite for most people however the M14 is one of my favourite guns ever.

I'm aware these guns require a slightly different play style but I'd aim to be using the M14 under 350fps and not as a DMR, to start with anyway. I'm also not put off by the M14's weight so you can rule that one out too.

I'm more interested as to which of these guns will be more accurate at longer ranges since this seems to be the biggest issue I'm having at my local site.

Thoughts?

Cheers

• Supporters

They're both decent guns, the M14 IS really heavy and more importantly very front heavy. In terms of range though they'll most likely not be much different but in terms of practicality the 416 will be more useful in a wider variety of scenarios. There's more aftermarket parts for AR type platforms too.

• Head Moderator

I cannot comment on the M14 but I can recommend the TM 416D which is an excellent starter gun straight out of the box.

• 1 month later...
On 28/09/2017 at 1:29 PM, Jedi_Master said:

I cannot comment on the M14 but I can recommend the TM 416D which is an excellent starter gun straight out of the box.

£500 for a starter gun?!

It's a TM, run it with 8.4v batteries and your grandsons will be able to play with it without having the gun serviced once..

• Head Moderator
8 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

£500 for a starter gun?!

Yes.  It was my starter gun, and no reason not to buy one if you have the budget.

• Supporters

TM ftw :)

& then later get yourself a TM m14 as well.

Archived