Banging my head against a brick wall!

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Am I the only muppet thats started teching they're gun and found that that the problem you started with is still there? So you find a new solution, put the bugger back together and again the gremlins have been in... or is it just me?

so I walk away with a few swear words and promise never to take the thing out again.... untill a day later and you have your allen keys out and a screwdiver or two out again tinkering... bloody gun!

I bought an umerex p99 that fires at 380 fps. It never entered my mind it might be a bit too hot. So I looked on youtube to see if I can down grade it a bit. Neither of the vids i found were in english but I can follow the images. 1st I tryed adding  a washer in to gas chamber. It upeed the fps. 2nd i took the washer out and added an o ring. This did lower the fps but to a point where i can piss faster than the bb comes out. So 3rd ithinned out the oring and now its back up to 380. It doesn't help I'm not sure what parts are called and the parts diagram i found is just numbers and pictures. Its like like building  Ikea furniture in the dark using the french instructions. Grrrrr

• Head Moderator

Probably not, although I have only ever removed the butt plate to insert the battery. Why mess with perfection and upset the magic fairy dust inside.

• Supporters

P99 = Co2 ???

They do a green gas magazine I think

OR

failing that a Green Gas Co2 bulb:

https://www.airsoftworld.net/8gramme-rechargeable-co2-cartridge-single.html

OR

if Green Gas - what gas are you using as some types produce slightly more/less fps than others

there are one or two other options but those are easiest ones to consider

It runs on co2 the bulb goes in the grip not in the mag. A new pistol is rapidly looking like a good option. But until i can put a little money aside it looks like tinkering and swearing again. You know its really got to you when you working on the bugger and your 6 year old says "dad whats dose f@#king peice of sh€t mean?":blink:lol

14 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

P99 = Co2 ???

They do a green gas magazine I think

OR

failing that a Green Gas Co2 bulb:

https://www.airsoftworld.net/8gramme-rechargeable-co2-cartridge-single.html

OR

if Green Gas - what gas are you using as some types produce slightly more/less fps than others

there are one or two other options but those are easiest ones to consider

Thanks for that, I have one winging it way to me as i write. I didn't know somthing like this existed. Hopefully  it will work so I dont have to explain to the wife  about my sons choice language.

It could be the bbs, try thunderball!

Once its working it will be a great little gun, you will have a liscence to kill.

You could order the correct parts online, but may take a while to arrive from russia with love.

But remember your eyepro, or you may get a goldeneye!

And if you cant get it fixed today, remember, tomorrow never dies!

Sorry. I will get my coat.... 

Archived