Brand new gun not firing - WE Glock 18c Gen 4

se370z
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum, started airsoft few months ago. Purchased few guns.

I'm having issues with my last purchase. it is a brand new GBB pistol and it's not firing. i have no idea why. I was wondering if anyone come across with the same issue in the past?

Hope you guys can help.

Thank you

• Supporters

Have you over filled the mag? Can you press the mag valve? (Only do this out side as you may vent flammable gas etc)

is the safety on? The one in front of the trigger guard?

what exactly happens?

15 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Have you over filled the mag? Can you press the mag valve? (Only do this out side as you may vent flammable gas etc)

is the safety on? The one in front of the trigger guard?

what exactly happens?

Nope, I only put couple of bb's in the mag. Yes when i press the mag valve the gas inside the mag comes out. the safety is off.

i put the mag in, i pull the slide, press the trigger nothing happens. it's like trigger is not doing anything. 

i removed the slide, press in the hammer bit (back of the gun)  pulled the trigger it fires but only when the slide is off. when the slide is on when i pull the trigger nothing happens.

i have no idea why it's not working.

• Supporters

That's odd, is the slide going all the way forward? Have you got any silicon spray, might be worth giving the hammer area a spray, it could be some dirt/debris etc fouling it up.

well i hate to say it but I would be tempted to just take it back to where you got it from :(

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Definitely echo what Samurai is saying.

The key words that should've stuck out like a sore thumb to you are:

"Brand new"

And 

"Not firing"

If the two statements above are true, the only viable option is to return it.

And if you want to try one thing before you take it back..

Have you made sure the little serial number safety tag isn't pushed in?

ppc_glock_17_gunsmodify_serial_plate.jpg

If that silver plate is pushed back towards the trigger, the safety will be put on.

Catches lots of new Glock owners out that one.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Can you take some pics with the slide off? How's your tech skills? If you can take out the hammer assembly and take some pics, we might be able to help

rdb

Please see the attached photos.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Have you oiled it? What gas are you using?

I can't see anything obvious, but I think the guys a right, if it's still under waranty, take it back

I will give them a call tomorrow. And see what they say.

14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Have you oiled it? What gas are you using?

I can't see anything obvious, but I think the guys a right, if it's still under waranty, take it back

I found the problem i think. There is something sticking out (its connected to the trigger) when i press on it and pull trigger it doesn't fire. So when the slide is on its pushing that thing down and thats why its not firing. However I don't know how to resolve this issue :)  

IMG_0099.JPG

Hi mate, as your new to airsoft and guns etc, I echo what the guys say, take the gun back to the shop you are entitled to a fix, refund or a replacement, get a replacement gun if they do that get that working and get them to test and show you the gun working before you leave the shop. :)

All the best, Marc. 

Archived