Metal slide for tokyo marui g18c

Airsoft mad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok so i am looking for a good side arm and after having  a look around i have decided on the tm g18 and i have seen that they have a plastic slide out of the box.

now i have also heard that these when using green gas tend to break after about 6 months , and because of personal preference i would prefer a metal slide i tried 

searching for a tm g18 metal slide but they seem to be very few and far between but there seems to be supply and demand of WE g18 slides i found this metal slide

on amazon of all places and it says marui g18 slide but also says WE does that mean its compatible with both or just a marketing scam to fit all preferences 

are there really parts to fit both ill link it so you can have a look for your self https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archives-Custom-Slide-Barrel-Airsoft/dp/B016F3OYMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1506175783&sr=1-1&keywords=g18c+slide if you have any place to get a decent priced tm g18c metal slide that can ship to the uk please link me, my main concern is will it fit if it will

please leave a reply thanks for all your help 

kind regards, jude

I don't think you can just swap the slide. Not 100% with the 18, but I've built a few 17's, and unless you update the recoil and hammer springs as a minimum, it won't cycle or fire properly.

They run great on Abbey, any reason you want to use green gas?

I've got a TM G17, with the PGC slide, and a guarder 150% recoil spring. I found that it doesn't cycle quite right using abbey predator ultra, though I'm unsure if a different brand of gas would perform differently.

@rocketdogbert By "they run great on Abbey", which gas of theirs do you mean?

I've since decided to put the stock slide on it and run it with the stock recoil spring, just to ensure it works and locks back on empty, and gas efficiency.

28 minutes ago, chaoticelements said:

I've got a TM G17, with the PGC slide, and a guarder 150% recoil spring. I found that it doesn't cycle quite right using abbey predator ultra, though I'm unsure if a different brand of gas would perform differently.

@rocketdogbert By "they run great on Abbey", which gas of theirs do you mean?

I've since decided to put the stock slide on it and run it with the stock recoil spring, just to ensure it works and locks back on empty, and gas efficiency.

You need to change the hammer spring as well, Guarder or UAC 150%, otherwise the hammer doesn't hit hard enough to expel the higher pressure green gas properly. 

With a harder hammer spring, you can run on green gas no prob. Otherwise, Abbey predator ultra (I've just bought a can of Nuprol 1, seems to work just as well)

11 minutes ago, chaoticelements said:

I did change that out, forgot to mention it, whoops.

So you've changed the hardware, try using green gas, should be fine. Abbey isn't powerful enough to cycle your gun with the heavier slide and updated springs I don't think

7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don't think you can just swap the slide. Not 100% with the 18, but I've built a few 17's, and unless you update the recoil and hammer springs as a minimum, it won't cycle or fire properly.

They run great on Abbey, any reason you want to use green gas?

Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie what abbey do u mean there seems to be multiple types

• Mostly Retired Moderators

If it were up to me, I'd use it as a stock pistol for as long as it holds out, then upgrade to a metal slide when it needs replacing.

TM Glocks are fantastic, so give it a go how they designed it to be.

Archived