Upgrade Help Needed Krytac SPR Mk2

alexgibs98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I bought a stock SPR last year and I'm running into some trouble with it. It hasn't got the range and accuracy that I'd expect out of a gun that I've now spent around 500 on.

I took it to my local airsoft shop to get it upgraded and they have done a "custom hop mod", courtesy of the techy and cut down the inner barrel for me to put on a suppressor. I've not had the chance to really test it out all that well but the last time I took it out I ran a sniper scope on it, to see how it was performing, and it wasnt that accurate at all even at a 20-40ft range.

Wondering what the hell I can do to increase range and accuracy of this rifle without going back to them, they seem a bit useless but I know I'm not really great either!

Will be replacing the inner barrel for a better quality one soon. 

There should be no need to cut down an inner barrel to fit a silencer, and if it's not been done correctly and the crown recut properly then that will ruin accuracy.

The best thing you could do is put the gun back to as close to standard as you can.

If you aren't already, then use 0.28g BBs, as these will give far better accuracy and range than the 'standard' 0.2g.

He basically cut the inner barrel and outer barrel down so that the suppressor wouldn't stick out too much from the gun. I already have been using .28s but I've seen so many other people shooting far further than me and far more accurate too. Just dont know if there is anything else I could do with the gun in order to increase the accuracy and range. The stock gun wasn't that great either compared to other peoples that is.

Seems silly to ask but did you clean your barrel often and was the hop up set correctly, asking as I found my mk2 SPR not shooting very accurately. So I cleaned inside the barrel and improved the accuracy or maybe it's the BBs you're using? 

4 hours ago, Eenthuncob said:

Seems silly to ask but did you clean your barrel often and was the hop up set correctly, asking as I found my mk2 SPR not shooting very accurately. So I cleaned inside the barrel and improved the accuracy or maybe it's the BBs you're using? 

Yeah i clean my barrel before i go out every time. I saw that as well when i first got my gun after i cleaned it it worked pretty nicely. 

Can anyone suggest anything to further this guns range? I might be able to improve the accuracy with a nice new inner barrel!

13 minutes ago, Eenthuncob said:

If you've got the money umbrella armouries do a tightbore barrel with R-hop that will fit the SPR perfectly.

http://umbrellaarmory.com/prometheus-r-hop

Ah thank you, although I've seen that the ProWin hop up unit doesnt quite fit the SPR. Have you had experience with this?

The Prowin hop doesn't fit in a lot of things, but the R hopped Prometheus barrel will work fine with the hop up in the Krytac with the addition of a flat nub.

I've just seen the price! For a lot less money you could simply get a new Krytac barrel and run the extra length inside the suppressor. Equip it with a Modify flat hop and nub http://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/modify-airsoft-flat-hop-up-bucking-rubber--nub-soft-gb-05-64-bbs-6mm-16367-p.asp

and you'll be good to go.

I use the Prometheus EG barrels on my nice builds and R hop them myself. Excellent results at 350 fps (0.2g) using 0.28g BBs (about 300fps) using stock hop ups fitted with a flat nub.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/6mm-ID-1-4-EPDM-Smooth-Rubber-Tubing-Coolant-Radiator-Hose-Brake-Fluid-Tube-Pipe-/250911445211?_mwBanner=1

Three quid for more than you'll ever need. Cutting the patches is a bit of a knack, but you'll have plenty to practise with. ;)

Archived