CRW Airsoft No UKARA?

OneSixTwo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Decided to go for the gun recommended on the last post (thanks guys :D).

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/g36c-by-jing-gong-g608-57-p.asp

But....I semi lied when i said i had my UKARA :P : . Been playing at my site for 6 months but they only recently got UKARA licensed. Due to get mine next month :) But....big game in two and a half weeks time, and I would really like my own gun by then (The extremely low 'walk on' price instead of the hire price helps as well)

So this site says they disassemble it and then you reassemble it?

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/for-england--ir...tomers-50-c.asp

Is this for real or am I getting reeled in here? Anyone tried it?

The fact I am in Scotland, does that change anything?

And I know about import tax that might hit me.

Main reason I'm asking for this site is really good price. If theres an issue with it coming from America no big deal, I'll wait my month. Thanks guys.

PS I know about the big postage, but I've done the maths and buying everything I need from there (bags, mags, etc) means it works out cheaper)

but have you allowed for the delivery and the stuck in customs wait?? could have your number by then

have you also allowed for the possible extra customs/forwarding charges

if your site has UKARA, cant see why it takes a month to give you a site number, unless you haven't got a record of your visits

@ Devastator. Thought it was a lovely loophole round the law (Kinda the same as you can be gifted an RiF) but I'm not up for trying anything illegal.

@ Kejot. Just been registered for the last 2 and a half months. Didn't really keep properly official records until then, but then they issued member cards etc (So they've only got records they can actually send away for the last 2 and a half months). I worked out all the 'hidden' and 'surprise' charges and it would still work out cheaper. The wait was touch and go, think it was about 80-20 that it would arrive in time I'd worked out. But it's not worth it if it's illegal and stuff.

Thanks guys.

If you have been a member for 6 months and the site is now ukara registered I'm pretty sure you do have a valid defence you don't have to be ukara all the retailer you are buying from has to do is check with your site that you are a registered member and done the 3 in 2 thing. I'm pretty sure anyway. :huh:

@sarni307 Sorry guys i should have explained better. I've been going every so often (about 6 times) with a friend casually for the last 6 months. So no official membership. And since he's a member I don't even need to put any info apart from my signature as a 'guest'. Sites had its UKARA registration for 2 and a half months. I've clocked up 2 in 2 months 'officially'. But it only runs every second week on a Sunday because they rent it from paintballers (###### teenagers that play that sport ;) ).

Missed this Sunday cause of work, next time will April. After that I'm sorted with UKARA. No big deal, I'm just going to borrow a friend's gun to save on costs, then ill fill in the form. So basically problem solved and thanks for the help :D. So to any admins feel free to close the thread :).

Archived