Inspire me

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now that I have main woodland/ large and long  loadout sorted.  I'm looking to build a nice cqb/pick up ham  Pmc/undercover   protection/civlli loadout.

Thinking about building it around 

Maybe new  boots if I can find them cheap  at the right price 

Trousers  with build in knee pads. Drop leg  holster for pistol. ( struggle to find one that I like though)

Long sleeve rip stop shirt 

Lightweight chest rig. I quite like the viper one. 

Dark goggles or glasses 

Cap as per nornal 

trouble is I have no idea what colour  to base it around.  Either be coyote and black.  Or the new viper grey and black  Any one have  a  photos of a aimmalt style loadout to inspire me

• Supporters

If you go drop-leg it needs to be HIGH on the thigh, like cutting your balls off (nearly) high.  You shouldn't even have room to get 2 straps around your leg, that's the only configuration 90% of the serious pros who truly know what they're doing will use, if they go drop leg.  IMHO, straight belt mount with no legs straps is waaaaay better.  It felt like night and day when I made the switch a few years back, so much less hindrance on the leg for any movement.

Forget colour scheme go full on merc and mix it up. If your going for the PMC look, then jeans or khaki hiking/outdoor wear trousers, checked shirt with a tan vest, just dont forget the tacticool beard. Long and busy to hide grenade in please :) 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

If you go drop-leg it needs to be HIGH on the thigh, like cutting your balls off (nearly) high.

I'm coming to that conclusion after only a short trial of a drop leg holster.  For one thing, I managed to lose the mag while the gun was holstered, which I'm sure wasn't helped by the leg swinging movement worrying away at the release button (now protected by a couple of glued on o-rings).

I crept it up higher last time out with only one strap round the leg, but I might as well just attach it straight to the waist and forget about trying to be Han Solo.

If the holster has two leg straps, remove the top most strap and feed your belt through that one and just use the bottom leg strap. 

Keeps it higher on your thigh and 100% less flapping around as the bottom strap goes around your leg still keeping it nice and secure.

Not all holsters are able to do this though, so if looking at yours this post makes no sense it snot me its your gear :P 

I alway used to run my pistol holster that way On my hip/ high thigh. On my awful looking loadout (pictured) So if I  get the same holster  again I should be to set up that way  again.  After going more  research  a lot of people run it as a tan set up. Ie trousers  plate carrier etc. I don't want to run it that  way to be different.  So I'm  gonna it with 

Normally boots( save me buying two ones)

Trades man black trousers with internal knee pads pockets (  a lot cheaper them the tactical  version plus  prefer  hidden knee pads and look Bit more undercover ) 

Chequered  shirt /hoody because  well  they look so nice on the loadout. 

Black small chest rig. Think I'll get the viper special ops one. As it carries  what I need  (4 stanag mags. 2 pistol  mag radio pouch  plus 3  ultily pouches will get new ppt for my radio too)

Black  cap and gloves. Tinted eye pro so they  look more like sunglasses 

20170920_192219.png

• Supporters

Might want to try expanding your gear searches outside of viper, you're probably going to run afoul of their lack of QC eventually.  Plenty of deals to be had in the classifieds and on ebay for way higher quality gear at similar prices (sometimes even less).

I  don't limit myself they just seem to have the right product that I want  for my chest rig.  Any other I find  carry far to many mags then I want( 6 or 8 rifle and 4-6 pistol if I want that carting capitcy  I have my dpm and plate carrier set up or be  60 quid plus) Plus  I don't see the point of spending silly money on  stuff that only  Going to be used for lying in the mud and going though the forset.  Ie warrior assault  and that sort  stuff. 

That viper chest rig has served me well for a little while with no issues yet. Pretty low profile actually! (though I am currently building a plate carrier set up as well)

13 minutes ago, Iisjreg said:

That viper chest rig has served me well for a little while with no issues yet. Pretty low profile actually! (though I am currently building a plate carrier set up as well)

Glad to hear it. I swear viper get bashed  so much. I've not had any issues with the stuff I have from them  But for money if it lasts me 18months I don't mind.  2nd airsoft is a 2nd hobby to me so I don't want to spend mega  money on it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shaun Haynes said:

Glad to hear it. I swear viper get bashed  so much. I've not had any issues with the stuff I have from them  But for money if it lasts me 18months I don't mind.  2nd airsoft is a 2nd hobby to me so I don't want to spend mega  money on it.

Who said you have to spend mega money on it?  Viper gets a bad rep amongst a lot of people who know what they're talking about because their stuff literally just falls apart of its' own will sometimes, I've seen it and spoken to many, many people over the years who've had it happen to them.  As I explicitly stated above, if you take the time to look around you can find better stuff for either a very small amount more, the same money or even less sometimes; the premium that retailers charge on brand new product shipped all the way from china is hefty vs the actual value of that product.  If you want to go for it that's genuinely absolutely fine it's your cash, I just give out advice based on a lot of years buying and using a lot of different gear.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

If the holster has two leg straps, remove the top most strap and feed your belt through that one and just use the bottom leg strap. 

Not all holsters are able to do this though

There is nothing that cannot be achieved using a sufficient supply of cable ties. Nothing.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

There is nothing that cannot be achieved using a sufficient supply of cable ties. Nothing.

18 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Keeps it higher on your thigh and 100% less flapping around as the bottom strap goes around your leg still keeping it nice and secure.

Not all holsters are able to do this though, so if looking at yours this post makes no sense it snot me its your gear :P 

As well as cable ties or black nasty, for a longer term / prettier finish take a little visit to your nearest haberdashery / fabric shop

They are always happy to have a different challenge than making party dresses and have varieties of webbing materials and clips etc

If you are anywhere near an army hub then there are military tailors that are always modifiying kit

On 20/09/2017 at 10:54 PM, CKinnerley said:

Who said you have to spend mega money on it?  Viper gets a bad rep amongst a lot of people who know what they're talking about because their stuff literally just falls apart of its' own will sometimes, I've seen it and spoken to many, many people over the years who've had it happen to them.  As I explicitly stated above, if you take the time to look around you can find better stuff for either a very small amount more, the same money or even less sometimes; the premium that retailers charge on brand new product shipped all the way from china is hefty vs the actual value of that product.  If you want to go for it that's genuinely absolutely fine it's your cash, I just give out advice based on a lot of years buying and using a lot of different gear.

I looked at some more  high end brands today flye and warrior assault and  there chest rigs are either too bulky ( carry like 8 m4 mags) or can t get them in black 

Archived