TM MK23 What have you done to yours?

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Totally forgot to update, Took the MK23 to Battle lakes as mentioned and had nothing but problems with the mags venting (both the gas and mags were left in the car boot overnight so were likely too cold)

Used the TM at the Mall and saw it was massively overhopping. Fiddled with the TDC and got it better but dropped and lost the worlds smallest Allen key.

Tried using it last skirmish and the few shots I did manage (mags were playing up again, may have been the cold, but now 2 of my three leak so need to sort them) the accuracy was shite again.

Had a convo with someone at The Mall who is a tech/gunsmith and is convinced the TDC mod is rubbish and not trustworthy so I plan on taking it off for my next game and seeing if there is an improvement. 

In hindsight playing mostly CQB I didnt need it on and think it will work better without.

Obviously it may be something else I have done which has messed it up a little but my first call is removing the TDC and going from there.

Now to sort my bloody leaky mags :( 

Oh and my ASG is not shooting properly either now, but cant work that out till I sort mags to use.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can turn the hop completely off with my TDC modded MK23 and it still somehow overhops anything under .4 lol. Yet too see its accuracy though as I haven't skirmished it yet.
Not too sure what the previous owner did to it but I mean, it shoots waaaaay past the 20m min engagement distance with .4s so can't complain too much lol ( other than the price of .4s! )

Right, I've thought about it, but I'm gonna ask a possibly noob question (I am still new after all!....) 

Why do people shoot heavy bb's in these pistols? I've been putting my normal .25's in and can easily get 35m or so, accurate enough to hit someone in the chest. It probably does shoot further with reasonable accuracy, but that is about the limit of my eye sight until I get soft contact lenses! 

16 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Right, I've thought about it, but I'm gonna ask a possibly noob question (I am still new after all!....) 

Why do people shoot heavy bb's in these pistols? I've been putting my normal .25's in and can easily get 35m or so, accurate enough to hit someone in the chest. It probably does shoot further with reasonable accuracy, but that is about the limit of my eye sight until I get soft contact lenses! 

I am with you on this tbh, I have no idea why people put heavy bbs in these, I just know that they do lol, and as such they do get some incredible range. Maybe someone can explain the reasoning lol. 

I mean, I'm keeping it like this purely so I know I can hit someone far out while keeping quiet lol. But no idea why the common thing is using heavy bbs... (they are really really expensive afterall, looking at £10+ for 1000 .4s)

I shoot .43 out of mine. It’s got a hadron design TDC mod, maple leaf crazy jet barrel, maple leaf 50D bucking and I key. The heavier BB retains its energy for longer and is less effected by wind. I’m confident I can hit someone at 50+m 

24 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I shoot .43 out of mine. It’s got a hadron design TDC mod, maple leaf crazy jet barrel, maple leaf 50D bucking and I key. The heavier BB retains its energy for longer and is less effected by wind. I’m confident I can hit someone at 50+m 

Oh so it is literally more for range than any other reason lol. Mines all laylax internals and an action army hop... No idea who the TDC is made by though.

Just now, LightningCh said:

Oh so it is literally more for range than any other reason lol. Mines all laylax internals and an action army hop... No idea who the TDC is made by though.

Yes. Basically it’s the ability to engage people at AEG ranges quickly. Pistols give you that MED that you need because of sniper limits, but are ineffective past 20m generally against someone with an AEG. With the mods you can accurately (and importantly quickly) engage someone within that 20-50m range where you may not have the time to look down the scope and take a precise shot. 

Mine is bog standard and will probably remain that way until something goes wrong with it :rolleyes:. When specsaver finally get the right lenses in, I'll see if I can actually see a BB at 40+m. Until then, I'll stick to creeping forward or using a scope :ph34r: 

Even in its standard form it’s a step above a gbb pistol in terms of range. At least in my experience. If you still have some hop adjustment, just increase the B.B. weight and you’ll extend the range and accuracy for the price of BB’s. 

Didn't even think about the fact that AEGs obviously can reach you within 50m lol. Makes a whole lot of sense now. And does justify the price of the bbs when I think about it. It is definitely above a standard gbb, that's for sure. Cant wait to actually skirmish it now lol

On 21/09/2017 at 9:54 AM, Jedi_Master said:

There are a few YouTube videos about converting the LAM to use a better bulb so that it is actually useful.

Beyond my tech skills. A pity that there is not a company/person that you could send your LAM off to so that it gets a decent modification.

It is ridiculously easy. It takes 2 to 3 mins .. i swapped my one out to a 5 mode t6 led i took out of a single cell 18650 torch. Cost my less than 7 quid and is now quite a usefull bit of kit.

On 06/03/2018 at 10:54 PM, Wo1f said:

Yes. Basically it’s the ability to engage people at AEG ranges quickly. Pistols give you that MED that you need because of sniper limits, but are ineffective past 20m generally against someone with an AEG. With the mods you can accurately (and importantly quickly) engage someone within that 20-50m range where you may not have the time to look down the scope and take a precise shot. 

I also find that the added weight gives a heavier  hit especially at distance when the bb has slowed down . You can hit someone with a .20 and they can possably have an arguement that they didnt feel it. With a .3 or .4 then you know they are taking the mick

Did some range testing with it the other day with a range finder. Hitting a target at 67m with a bit of hop. Max range I’d say is 70m

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Did some range testing with it the other day with a range finder. Hitting a target at 67m with a bit of hop. Max range I’d say is 70m

What weights and upgrades and gas is that?

@Prisce Hadron designs TDC mod, maple leaf crazy jet barrel. 150mm I believe. It doesn’t protrude out of the barrel, but you do have to widen the outer at the tip. Maple leaf 50D bucking. I always get autobot and decepticon mixed up. It’s the one with the single point. And a maple leaf I key. Runs propane/green gas and .43 asg accuracy international bb’s, but I’m still experimenting 

• Supporters

Hmm, Ok, I’m running similar to you, TDC, ML50, ML I key. Yet to get the barrel, wasn’t too sure how much it added to the performance, but after today I have noticed that it’s quite a bit. I run on Red Gas though, it does give you that bit extra range. I’m hitting 65-70m straight every shot, accuracy isn’t greatest at those ranges, but that’s down to the barrel, I think it’s 132mm barrel you get before it extrudes the barrel.

Still by far the best gun I own, did a whole 2 games with just the Mk23 today, and had such a stupid grin on my face killing people who had no idea where it was coming from.

• Supporters

Low, very low. Kicking out 187fps with .4s, round 320fps I believe. I started a thread asking what gas people recommended. My team mate uses Guarder black and thinks it provides a hell of a lot of range. Whereas the Nuprol black made no difference to the Nuprol red.

What stats are you looking at out of yours?

Mine just kicked out around 302fps at room temperature with Nuprol Green on a .25 bb. Yet to skirmish it so unsure how severely the cold would affect this)

It's internals are all Laylax with an Action Army hop, and TDC mod. (If the seller is to be believed, although TDC mod is 100% confirmed lol)

Again though, room temp gas with a standard TM mag which has gasket sealant where the mag body meets the base plate to prevent leaks lol.
5aa598f876c0f_20180311_2059071.thumb.jpg.39b0f213f81f5253a18ef9b51b650e26.jpg

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Mine just kicked out around 302fps at room temperature with Nuprol Green on a .25 bb. Yet to skirmish it so unsure how severely the cold would affect this)

It's internals are all Laylax with an Action Army hop, and TDC mod. (If the seller is to be believed, although TDC mod is 100% confirmed lol)

Again though, room temp gas with a standard TM mag which has gasket sealant where the mag body meets the base plate to prevent leaks lol.

Why the hell would you ruin a TM by putting an Army Action hop inside?

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master said:

Why the hell would you ruin a TM by putting an Army Action hop inside?

Don't ask me, it was like this when I bought it lol. I haven't touched the internals personally.

It's probably got the TDC mod for this reason lol.

The VSR10 has the laylax internals and same hop as well lol. Again, came like that.

• Head Moderator

Pity you do not have the original internal to simply reinstate them.

14 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Pity you do not have the original internal to simply reinstate them.

That's actually something I MAY have... except all these parts were provided in a damn ripped carrier bag and I have absolutely no idea if all the parts are there or what lol. Don't think the MK23 stuff is there though looking at it.

Edit: after looking through it, its definitely just VSR10 parts. not the MK23. .. ah well, just another thing to create a noob thread about ;)

Joking, I'll use the search function...  and then create a post anyway :P

Archived