TM MK23 What have you done to yours?

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After seeing the status update highlighting the TDC mod which I ad no idea about, and reading on patrol base about new hop rubbers and barrels it has inspired me to have a look at mods and try to upgrade my little beast (giggedy giggedy). 

So I will attempt to fit the TDC as it is a genius idea, but whilst its apart I shall see what else is worth replacing for maximum awesomeness.

I know theres a few owners on here, so what have you done to yours?v

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

It's so good out of the box that nothing NEEDS to be upgraded.

The barrel is OK, but aluminium. The best choice is the maple leaf crazy jet for it. It works brilliant in it apparently. I key as a nub in the hopup. Small suppressor instead of that unnecessarily huge one. Some resin or similar in the mag's over pressure valve so it will be able to take green gas. That's all I can think of.

• Supporters

Don't worry about fitting the TDC, it takes 5 seconds and a monkey with no hands could do it, it's easy and simple. 

There are a couple of carbine kits if your boat floats that way.

If your looking to improve range and accuracy, most people do the same sort of upgrades.

The common ones are.

Hadron V2 TDC mod( only £15 and well worth imo)

Maple leaf 50%or 70% hop rubber

The L Key, or the Hadron Design H plate.

The crazy jet 134mm barrel just for the mk23, or the 150mm of you want it to go into the supressor( beware fps will increase!)None of these NEED doing.

On the mag fronts, filling the valve with reasin on normal TM mags is standard, be careful when doing it, you can damage the mag very easily, like I did.

Id suggest buying ASG/STTI mk23 mags instead, they work perfectly with no overpressure valve, the only mod you may need to do is file down the metal bb lip things (depends how you old your mags)

My Mk23 has just the TDC mod, I'm going to do the rest eventually, I lift .43g and get 50-60M accurate with ease.(actually tested on a site range)

Oh yeah fully aware nothing needs doing, its bloody amazing :) im in two minds as I play a lot of CQB so no point turning it into a DMR, but little bits to help range and grouping rather than FPS bumps would be useful.

The TDC would save so much time so thats defo going on!!!  and actually like the idea of a shorter suppressor. 

I (will) have a ASG MK23 soon, am I correct in thinking parts wise they are the same, as in the same swaps for a TM would work on the ASG? If so I may go overboard with the ASG just for a laugh :P keep that one for outdoor games

I have a load of ASG mags so I dont think I will bother with the mag mods, as happy enough to buy more if needed (well I know I need two more already lol)

• Head Moderator

I love my TM Mk23 but adjusting the hop is more fiddly than it needs to be.  After reading about the Hadron V2 TDC mod and that it appears idiot proof I have just ordered one along with the Hadron H plate.  Also getting an ASG mag to try it out.

@Jedi_Master Asg mags work a dream. I dont know the difference between mine (I think I have 3 ASG and 2 TM)

I was looking at the H plate, and being a noob I was unsure what it actually did, am I right saying it works like the funny hop mod, allowing the hop to lift heavier BBs?

• Head Moderator

@Albiscuit I have always bought propriarity magazines but have had one TM mag fail due to the over pressure valve and have yet to get around to fixing it.  So if ASG mags work that will be good.

Yes, believe the H plate does as you describe. Sales blurb says it improves the range and accuracy by applying more consistant pressure to the BB through the hop-up rubber, and can lift heavier BBs

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-hop-up-units/hadron-airsoft-designs-mk23-h-plate-hop-mod-white.htm#.WcJIQnSQyiM

For £3.50 it is worth a go.

Ah never saw it on patrolbase just on hadrons website. 

Cool, like you say for something so cheap its worth a shot (pun not intended ;) )

I think all in all, when I have finished I would have spent more on this bloody pistol than on any of my other primary's 

• Supporters

I have the TM Mk23 and my brother has the ASG. The ASG is slightly noisier than the TM, it's not as nice as that TM "dum" sound.

The parts are identical , the ASG suppressor is not as good as the TM, but I'm rather partial to Longbows replacement silencer anyways!

The ASG mags are definitely better, I just had to file down the side lips to fill with BBs quicker like I can on the TM mags.

Both guns weigh the same, can take the same parts, look the same, and perform relatively similar, (ASG will never beat TMs Hop units, they don't have the magic dust).

The only differences we have found are the noise and the range.

• Head Moderator
23 minutes ago, Samurai said:

And the oh so useful LAM unit. Don't forget. :D

Mine just sits in the pistol case unused.  They cost £48 from Eagle6.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

Mine just sits in the pistol case unused.  They cost £48 from Eagle6.

Wonder if eagle6 want to buy mine for £48! Mine does the exact same as yours, sits in its carry case, although I'm going to try using it at tonight's night game see if it can be useful.

• Supporters

You were right. The LAM unit is arms free gift. An expensive paper weight.

4 hours ago, Samurai said:

It's not. The light is too dim. Maybe for navigating.

8 hours ago, Prisce said:

You were right. The LAM unit is arms free gift. An expensive paper weight.

Looks cool but gets in the way and is not half as bright or cool as my pistol torch...

• Head Moderator

There are a few YouTube videos about converting the LAM to use a better bulb so that it is actually useful.

Beyond my tech skills. A pity that there is not a company/person that you could send your LAM off to so that it gets a decent modification.

• Supporters

Well that may come in handy, wouldn't mind giving it a go, even if I faff it up, I don't actually use it so it's no skin off my nose!

I tell you what though. Last night using the Mk23 in the dark, it's the perfect weapon. Shouts of "Hit, who shot me?" "Where did that come from?" I must have looked like the Cheshire Cat!  

On on a side note, night games when no one has night vision are incredibly entertaining, you spend most of the night laughing at yourselves and others tripping over, and you can walk straight over to someone and knife kill without even worrying about getting shot.  No one wants to use the torch because you give your position away and get lit up.

Highly recommend trying a night game like this if you haven't before!

• Head Moderator
Just now, Prisce said:

Last night using the Mk23 in the dark, it's the perfect weapon. Shouts of "Hit, who shot me?" "Where did that come from?" I must have looked like the Cheshire Cat!  

That is pretty much what the basement in The Mall or UCAP Bunker is like, which is why I often just use  my Mk23 and go stalking. Does not stop me falling over people or getting shot though.

Yeah I cant really be arsed trying the LAM upgrade...

And I get you about the basement of the Mall, its where I come into my own, but often a rush of people or team kills get me, actually its normally someone on my team blundering in with their torch on full beam and either shooting me, or giving away my position.

• Supporters

Yeah having only been to the mall the once I have a vague recollection of the basement, I spent most of that night running away from the zombies... We shall definitely have to come back and get stuck in a bit more now I vaguely know where 1-2 rooms are!

16 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I will vouch for that statement ;)

Hell most people on here can back that up :P 

• 4 weeks later...

So I installed a crazy jet barrel, bucking and ikey (exactly the same @Jedi_Master put in the what have you bought thread) although I went for a longer barrel (230mm). Was all a bit fiddly and had to drill out the outer barrel which sh*t me up but was pretty simple in all honestly.

It shoots, not very straight but I have ordered some heavy bbs and have a TDC on there so once I can get outdoors on sunday I shall set the hop to get it as straight and accurate as possible.

I just hope its not too hot to use in the mall, or that I end up on sunday shooting at 100fps :D

This is the most I have ever done to one of my own guns internally so am a little apprehensive.

• Supporters

Let us know how you find it @Albiscuit, I get 70m accurate out of mine with the TDC mod and .43s measured on a site range, got the other bits already but I can't have them till Christmas... Apparently I'm impossible to buy presents for so everything I have bought has been confiscated:(

I do find that firing the heavier BBs the travel time is a lot longer than I'd like, I think I may settle on .36s for best of both or just lump it and deal with the slow travel with .45s.

will do, heading to battlelakes on sunday so should be able to set it up and see what I get out of it. Cant wait!!

Archived