Battery Advice

Greenie116
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

Just brought my first gun second hand and it came with a 7.4 Lipo and a 2S Balance charger.  I have a base understanding of the types of battery and importance charging correctly, HOWEVER, practically, the charger has a USB lead I assume for a plug.  The only USB plugs i have are those speed chargers for phones and tablets.  

Am i better off charging my LiPo batteries off a USB slot in my computer or using a speed charger? 

Thanks 

• Supporters

I'd use the highest power rated USB source that you have, which is likely to be the "speed charger" (but I don't know what the power rating of your computer's USB slots or your charger are).

Your source isn't going to deliver more power than the charger can use, but it could very well deliver less.

5V USB x 3A =~ 7.4V charger x 2A.  I'll take all you can give it.

• Supporters

USB gives 0.5A, or USB 3.0 gives 0.9A max, but you need a short usb charging cable, the one that can't do data or it's just half of that. It's not very useful for charging airsoft batteries. So I guess that's an output, not an input.

Archived