Jump to content
Mephisto

Clothing store in London

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I'm looking for some good fit clothing as the stuff I bought online was a complete waste of time, sizing is all over the place. S from one place is nearly L from another, anyway. I would like to know if anyone would recommend some stores in London as the few I've been so far were awful with little/no stock.

 

I'm looking for trousers with knee pads, ubac, chest rig and some other things.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could stop buying cheap S/M/L stuff and get some surplus clothing that's sized properly.

 

the more you know :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont really know any physical stores but Military 1st has a great online store for everything you have listed. Also really easy to return if you do not like what you got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

You could stop buying cheap S/M/L stuff and get some surplus clothing that's sized properly.

 

the more you know :D

 

I'll try a few physical stores, just a shame they are mostly quite small with not a very good selection

 

16 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Dont really know any physical stores but Military 1st has a great online store for everything you have listed. Also really easy to return if you do not like what you got.

 

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to order a lot of stuff from them and return what is not good if I can't get what I want from a physical store.

 

Just a bit of hassle with ordering different sizes and returning but I think I'm running out of options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what you mean. Its a pain in the ass. One of the drawbacks of the tinternet, online sales are killing the high street,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the drawbacks of Airsoft clothing shopping is that all the clothes are made in china or far east asia anyway.

 

I bought a pair of Emerson trousers advertised as XXXL for a 38" waist, im a 38. Thing barely fits me.

 

I only know of a few London shops namely Silvermans (RIPOFFF!!!!!!!), Bushcraft store in Crews Hill and if im not mistaken there used to be an Army and Navy in the East of London but i have never been to it.

 

Internet wise I have found TacTree to be decently priced and they do a decent wide range of 5.11 clothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know of any brick'n'mortar store in london (hell, the UK) that literally just sells tactical type clothing.  You've got pro airsoft supplies (maybe wolf armouries at a push) where you can go and physically try on some stuff, or just google up 'airsoft map' and check out anywhere in reasonable travel distance.

 

Best bet is just going to be military surplus stores for trying things on. Much as I bash issue uniforms, I've been given a lot of them in my years and I've honestly never noticed an issue with inconsistent sizing.  If you can find a surplus shop and try on some CS95 or PCS, note down which size fits best then you can get all the camo you'll ever need on ebay for peanuts.  Or just get a tape measure around you and find out your chest/waist measurements in CM.  If you want camo on a budget issued kit represents by FAR the better value vs anything commercial, it's made in vast quantities compared to the airsoft brands and the MoD surplus it off for pennies.  Fabrics, stitching etc are at least just as good, if not much better, than the really cheap commercial stuff you'll find at most airsoft retailers/Mil1st.

 

If the 96/88/88 whatever sizings in issued kit is confusing, just google a sizing guide.  In shirts and smocks it's height/chest in CMs, trousers it's something like lower body length/seat/waist.

 

For anything like chest rigs or plate carriers, start trawling the classifieds here on the forums and ebay, far better deals than stores that cater to airsofters.  Or if you want to step up and spend a bit more get on UK Tactical and Tactical-kit.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Military surplus stores are your best bet, there's a few decent ones dotted around Kingston if you're in the west. There's one in surbiton that stocks kombat UK stuff and has vests belts etc also a massive stock of surplus gear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mephisto said:

 

I'll try a few physical stores, just a shame they are mostly quite small with not a very good selection

 

 

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to order a lot of stuff from them and return what is not good if I can't get what I want from a physical store.

 

Just a bit of hassle with ordering different sizes and returning but I think I'm running out of options

 

+1 on military first.

Also, if you know your measurements, keep them handy as there are often charts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2017 at 9:31 PM, Shizbazki said:

One of the drawbacks of Airsoft clothing shopping is that all the clothes are made in china or far east asia anyway.

 

I bought a pair of Emerson trousers advertised as XXXL for a 38" waist, im a 38. Thing barely fits me.

 

I only know of a few London shops namely Silvermans (RIPOFFF!!!!!!!), Bushcraft store in Crews Hill and if im not mistaken there used to be an Army and Navy in the East of London but i have never been to it.

 

Internet wise I have found TacTree to be decently priced and they do a decent wide range of 5.11 clothing.

 

Silvermans seems to have a large stock, I'll check them out as I can try many and then get my sizing correctly then. Bushcraft is in Enfield just where I have to visit a client tomorrow, so I'll pop by and report my findings here. The army and navy in east london so far I've read doesn't hold much stock, but I may pay a visit anyway if I go to Silverman as is a bit east as well. I didn't know about TacTree, thanks for the tip!

 

23 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I don't know of any brick'n'mortar store in london (hell, the UK) that literally just sells tactical type clothing.  You've got pro airsoft supplies (maybe wolf armouries at a push) where you can go and physically try on some stuff, or just google up 'airsoft map' and check out anywhere in reasonable travel distance.

 

Best bet is just going to be military surplus stores for trying things on. Much as I bash issue uniforms, I've been given a lot of them in my years and I've honestly never noticed an issue with inconsistent sizing.  If you can find a surplus shop and try on some CS95 or PCS, note down which size fits best then you can get all the camo you'll ever need on ebay for peanuts.  Or just get a tape measure around you and find out your chest/waist measurements in CM.  If you want camo on a budget issued kit represents by FAR the better value vs anything commercial, it's made in vast quantities compared to the airsoft brands and the MoD surplus it off for pennies.  Fabrics, stitching etc are at least just as good, if not much better, than the really cheap commercial stuff you'll find at most airsoft retailers/Mil1st.

 

If the 96/88/88 whatever sizings in issued kit is confusing, just google a sizing guide.  In shirts and smocks it's height/chest in CMs, trousers it's something like lower body length/seat/waist.

 

For anything like chest rigs or plate carriers, start trawling the classifieds here on the forums and ebay, far better deals than stores that cater to airsofters.  Or if you want to step up and spend a bit more get on UK Tactical and Tactical-kit.co.uk

 

I went to Pro Airsoft Supplies a few months ago when I started airsoft, they had a bit limited selection on clothing, when I tried some stuff there I could not get different sizes to try, they only had one or two sizes of the pieces I saw there. Wolf amouries is the bunker 51 in greenwhich right? I need to pay them a visit to check the games, will put a note to check clothing there too.

 

Thanks for the tips on the clothing and sizing, that indeed makes a lot of sense to me now :)

 

13 hours ago, Jay91 said:

Military surplus stores are your best bet, there's a few decent ones dotted around Kingston if you're in the west. There's one in surbiton that stocks kombat UK stuff and has vests belts etc also a massive stock of surplus gear 

 

Added to my list, I'll check them out, thanks!

 

10 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

 

+1 on military first.

Also, if you know your measurements, keep them handy as there are often charts.

 

Yep, I'll get my measurements and perhaps order stuff online from them to save the hassle, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the shortlisted stores then for me to try:

 

Military Surplus stores
  1. Ranger - 10 Central Parade, London, Surbiton KT6 4PJ
  2. Aaron's Surplus - 43 Upminster Rd S, Rainham RM13 9YS
  3. Kentons Army Surplus - 3-3A Hythe St, Dartford DA1 1BE
  4. Silvermans - 422-426 Mile End Rd, London E1 4PE (reported to be expensive)
  5. B D U Imports Ltd - Culver Nurseries, Cattlegate Rd, Enfield EN2 9DS
Military clothing online store
  1. TacTree
  2. http://www.military1st.co.uk

I'll visit Enfield tomorrow and perhaps on my way back to south London try to squeeze the 2 stores in east London as well.

 

I'll report my findings here and hopefully will help other people in the future :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't help with physical stores around london but have used tactree a few times for 5.11 gear and they have been great at service and fast delivery,  the 5.11 gear is very good quality from what i have seen so far - bags, trousers, tops, jackets and neoprene knee and elbow inserts - the 5.11 inserts dont look much but are fantastic.  you could also try UK tactical - online store for US bands like blackhawk and crye precision, they are also distributors for warrior assault systems which is great tactical kit, again service is the best and delivery is free 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to two stores in London.

 

B D U Imports Ltd - Culver Nurseries, Cattlegate Rd, Enfield EN2 9DS

they have outdoor gear, but no any military clothing or camouflage stuff, they have no idea what airsoft is. Waste of time going there

 

Aaron's Surplus - 43 Upminster Rd S, Rainham RM13 9YS

The chaps there are very helpful, massive amount of stock and sizes. They have the store completely full of things, so it may be a bit tricky to find the right size but most of the time they may have it, it is just a matter of finding it

 

I got a couple of bits from them, will try this weekend on the field and report back here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 11:22 PM, gray134 said:

can't help with physical stores around london but have used tactree a few times for 5.11 gear and they have been great at service and fast delivery,  the 5.11 gear is very good quality from what i have seen so far - bags, trousers, tops, jackets and neoprene knee and elbow inserts - the 5.11 inserts dont look much but are fantastic.  you could also try UK tactical - online store for US bands like blackhawk and crye precision, they are also distributors for warrior assault systems which is great tactical kit, again service is the best and delivery is free 

 

 

 

Thanks, I'll check them too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×