UKARA clarification

Socky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a question regarding my UKARA license, I will be 18 very soon (exciting I know) and have played airsoft every couple of weeks for the past 3/4 months, will this count towards my 3 sessions within 2 months or will this be reset when i turn 18 (so in effect you have to be 18 and 2 months before getting one)?

Before anyone has a moan I have researched this fully and cannot find anything of this particular context.

Thanks

Only one moan...it's not a license  ;)

As far as ukara goes I would think you are good, being over 18 qualifies you and previous games proves your an active skirmisher. Best bet would be to speak to your local site, they will be the ones stamping your form so I guess it's up to them

• Supporters

There's no reason that it should be a problem.  There are two separate offences:

1) Selling any imitation firearm (realistic or non-realistic) to someone under 18.

2) Selling a realistic firearm without a defence, i.e. for airsoft use.

UKARA should only really concern itself with the latter.

I say should because none of this seems to be writ down offishul like, so you're entirely at the mercy of the site owner that you're asking to validate your UKARA entry.

Archived