How to increase the range of a Nuprol Delta Recon

Noah123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What sp00n says is correct and the easiest/cheapest/best way to start.

Out of interest what AEG is this in regards to? What FPS is it currently? Is it stock?

For the most part, it's no different to a real firearm:

Good weapon maintenance, and high quality ammunition.

Once you've got that out of the way, the main component that controls range is your hop system. A good hop rubber - TM especially - will give you a small boost to range. Get those things out of the way first before you start looking into things like cylinder upgrades, tightbore barrels and the like.

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Noah123 said:

I have the Nuprol Delta Recon Alpha and it shoots 330 to 340 fps with hop set on with .20 bbs.

OK, so when you say you want more range, how far do you expect it to shoot? Realistically?

• Supporters

See I personally wouldn't spend anymore upgrading the delta, I'd save my money and buy a higher end gun.

To get the most out of your gun, sp00ns advice is best.

You don't want to be spending fortunes on a cheap gun.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, Noah123 said:

I have the Nuprol Delta Recon Alpha and it shoots 330 to 340 fps with hop set on with .20 bbs.

Without a doubt the best (easily reversible steps) to take to try and get better range is to up the weight of your Beebs and change your rubber.

At least .25s. But try .28s. 

And replace the hop rubber for a Prometheus Purple.

Eagle6 sell the purple rubber for £8.98, so it's cheap enough to be a no-brainer and it's dead easy to change... And even of the gain is small in your rifle, it'll be better than the stock Rubber.

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/318/s/laylax-prometheus-hop-up-rubber-nub-soft-purple/

5 hours ago, Prisce said:

See I personally wouldn't spend anymore upgrading the delta, I'd save my money and buy a higher end gun.

To get the most out of your gun, sp00ns advice is best.

You don't want to be spending fortunes on a cheap gun.

thanks for the advice but i would not consider £215 a cheap gun i know there are alot more expensive guns on the market but there are also alot more cheaper guns.

• 2 years later...
28 minutes ago, Fierce said:

Hi I have a nuprol delta recon bravo AEG and I was wondering what the best hop up rubber is for range and fps and what degree is should get e.g 70 degrees 

Before my Nuprol Delta Sopmod died.... I put a Prommy Purple in it, but modified it so I could flathop it.  Ran great on .28's before the gun died and moved onto something else. (ICS..G&G and now TM)

Going to put that Prommy Purple & Flathop nub in the TM this weekend and see what happens. :)

52 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Before my Nuprol Delta Sopmod died.... I put a Prommy Purple in it, but modified it so I could flathop it.  Ran great on .28's before the gun died and moved onto something else. (ICS..G&G and now TM)

Going to put that Prommy Purple & Flathop nub in the TM this weekend and see what happens. :)

Okay thank you do you know what the barrel is inside my gun? And what the hop up system is inside?

55 minutes ago, Fierce said:

Okay thank you do you know what the barrel is inside my gun? And what the hop up system is inside?

6.03mm Steel barrel I believe and the hop unit is a standard dial hop unit, not as good as rotary hop units.  It's ok, but nothing special. 

I find the standard hop units a bit fiddly when trying to flathop, as you have to remove more parts than the rotary style hopunits...but there are plenty of vids on youtube on how to take the hop unit apart and modify it.... I learned a lot by taking my gun apart.

It was a good starting gun, but that was 2 years ago...a lot better starter guns out there.

I wouldn't spend to much money on trying to upgrade it...better to save your money and buy a mid-tier pew pew. 

• 1 year later...
On 24/01/2020 at 20:02, Monkman said:

Hey, so I'm picking up a delta ak21 tomorrow, and I'm curious if you know what went wrong for your sopmod to die? 

Sorry for necro, but actual delta owners seem few and far between. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.