Best anti-fog eye pro?

Chris_B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Only started playing airsoft properly since the beginning of the year. Pretty much got all the loadout gear that I am happy with to date. However, I still haven't found the best eye pro for my needs.

I started out with some basic mesh goggles that I purchased a few years back from patrol base when I bought first AEG. Pictured below #1.

But they were very cheap quality and hurt my face after a day of skirmishing. And I'm not really keen on mesh goggles as I find it restricts my vision.

I then bought some Bolle tracker 2 eye pro from fleabay at a cheap price. These came with anti-fog coating, but after half a day of skirmishing they were really bad and I could no longer wear them as they just kept fogging up even when I'm not moving about. Pic #2

I then bought some Pyramex i-Force sporty goggles, again from eBay at around £27, Pic #3. I thought that these would be great against fogging as I saw Novritsch wear them and that they are dual pane. But again, after a short while, I'd have to keep spraying de-fogging liquid on them but it doesn't seem to help. The fogging spray does stop it from fogging, but the goggles get so condensated that the inside lends just streams with water.

I've tried cutting some vents/ drain holes in the foam on the Bolle's and Pyramex but it barely helped.

Could anyone recommend any decent goggles (that from their experience) does not have the tendancy to easily fog.

I would prefer acrylic/ perspex (or whatever the high impact material is) as opposed to mesh, although goggles probably aren't good as they are inherently 'foggy'.

But if glasses are the way to go then that's probably my only option. But I'm not a fan of mesh to be honest. (Did I mention that already?)

I play an assault/ support gunner role so I do run about quite a bit.

Thanks for reading!

• Head Moderator

I have issues with goggles and masks fogging, the best solution is a pair fitted with fans.  The more expensive ones will tend to work the best, you get what you pay for, and with eye protection it is worth spending the money.  Recommend the Revision Desert Locust.  Playing CQB sites use a Dye i4 mask with added fan kit, and having the fan makes the difference; I also use anti-fog spray.

There are lots of topics about fogging, use the search tool (which has a 3 character minimum length) and have a read through some of them.  A quick search on "fog" is a good start point, i.e. 

• Supporters

The ONLY goggles I've used personally that are in any way resistant to fogging are the ESS Profile Turbofans. They still fog a bit in the top corners if it's a particularly damp or warm day though (caveat; I sweat like a paedophile in MotherCare).

The big thing you can do with ANY goggles though is keep them clean. Condensation seems to form quicker on dirt in my experience. You can try the various anti fog solutions (Cat Crap seems to be the most recommended) but MistX always worked for me on the motorbike!

• Supporters

My usual tip against fogging is to stop sweating. Dress lightly to be a little bit cold before games so you will be less hot when playing. Also remove headgear that blocks airflow around the goggles, make sure the mouth protection doesn't directs your breath on them.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'll echo what the guys have said above really.

I have JT Flex 8 Goggle, retro fitted with two micro fans wired to two AA Batteries in a small switch box.

Coupled with Revision Military Anti-fog wipes means that I'm fog free for nearly all of my games. (plus I don't run much - old and fat! :D )

PLUS I wear glasses underneath too!

Wipes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Military-Anti-Fog-Cloth/dp/B00PZ59MPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504602781&sr=8-1&keywords=revision+anti-fog

zlnydg6.jpg

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I have JT Flex 8 Goggle, retro fitted with two micro fans wired to two AA Batteries in a small switch box.

Out of interest, what micro fans did you use.  I purchased and fitted a fanz kit to my Dye i4 mask.

I personally use Valken Tactical Zulu glasses. 

The ONLY time I can get them to fog up is if a sweat from eye brows drips in them, fix for that is to wear a balaclava. 

I know couple of other guys at my local site that have invested in these and they can't say anything bad about them.

Link - https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/valken-zulu-airsoft-goggles.html

48 minutes ago, TapZxK said:

I personally use Valken Tactical Zulu glasses. 

The ONLY time I can get them to fog up is if a sweat from eye brows drips in them, fix for that is to wear a balaclava. 

I know couple of other guys at my local site that have invested in these and they can't say anything bad about them.

Link - https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/valken-zulu-airsoft-goggles.html

Those are the Pyramex but with a different branding. Have a little hunt around and you can get them cheaper than that too.

q8A5qYL.jpg

20 quid...

https://www.safetyknifeservices.co.uk/product/pyramex-i-force-safety-glasses/

Archived