New to Airsoft!

devildan666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, glad to be apart of this community! 

I am brand new to Airsoft and have not even started to buy my own gear but am going to be doing so very soon. 

I am from south east London and I am struggling to find a decent location to go and play skirmish games as I do not drive. 

There is one in east Croydon called tactical warfare that looks interesting but I am unsure. 

Has anyone got any hidden gems that are easy to access with public transport? 

Also what guns and gear would you guys recommend for a newbie?? 

Welcome. Lock your wallet away cos it'll get shredded!

If you're just getting started, then don't worry about getting a gun. Skirmish sites will have hire guns, so use those until you've got a feel for whether you're going to stick with it, and what sort of play style suits you. Once you've been a couple of times and you've made a decent impression, then you'll find people are happy to talk, let you try their guns and you'll get an idea of what's around and what you like.

The only gear you need to start with are some decent boots, cos a twisted ankle will ruin your day, dark clothes with a few big pockets for your bottle of BBs and a bottle of water. Gloves aren't a bad idea, and decent eyepro and a comfy mask will make the day more pleasant. And a hat, because getting shot in the forehead sucks!

Take some time to use the search function and browse the stickies, as most of your questions have already been answered in some detail, and no one likes repeating themselves!

6 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Welcome. Lock your wallet away cos it'll get shredded!

If you're just getting started, then don't worry about getting a gun. Skirmish sites will have hire guns, so use those until you've got a feel for whether you're going to stick with it, and what sort of play style suits you. Once you've been a couple of times and you've made a decent impression, then you'll find people are happy to talk, let you try their guns and you'll get an idea of what's around and what you like.

The only gear you need to start with are some decent boots, cos a twisted ankle will ruin your day, dark clothes with a few big pockets for your bottle of BBs and a bottle of water. Gloves aren't a bad idea, and decent eyepro and a comfy mask will make the day more pleasant. And a hat, because getting shot in the forehead sucks!

Take some time to use the search function and browse the stickies, as most of your questions have already been answered in some detail, and no one likes repeating themselves!

Thank you very much

Theres a great thread on here somewhere regarding local sites to London, search for London, should bring up a hit...

however, the only one I know which is worth going too (gona leave bunker 51 well out of this) which you can get to with public transport easily is The Mall in Reading. A few regulars from here attend there and more than one of them gets a train.

12 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Theres a great thread on here somewhere regarding local sites to London, search for London, should bring up a hit...

however, the only one I know which is worth going too (gona leave bunker 51 well out of this) which you can get to with public transport easily is The Mall in Reading. A few regulars from here attend there and more than one of them gets a train.

Cheers man.

Archived