Nuprol Pioneer Defender in Black from bbguns4less?

Jurgens_SA
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So I have been looking at a getting a Nuprol Pioneer Defender for some time, as I have heard some good things about the internals and the gun itself. I will have to be gifted this in two-tone as my parents don't want to get a UKARA or similar.

As of writing this I have found the black model of this gun to be in stock at bbguns4less and patrolbase. I would like to know if I should spend the extra cost patrolbase charges for supposedly better customer service, or stick with the slightly cheaper bbguns4less and possibly get worse customer service/delivery.

If you want to recommend an even better M4 style gun for roughly the same price feel free to.

Mainly looking for facts about the customer service and quality of the gun on delivery of each company.

P.S. I have also been looking at getting a Two-Toned G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider from zerooneairsoft as a second option. 

• Supporters

Search the forums for the g&g cm16, and you'll see loads of posts as to why it's better than the nuprol.

Also anything nuprol usually breaks or is bad quality. 

I have the G&g CM16 and for a cheap out of the box gun it's range and accuracy are superb, I can out range many upgraded guns. 

CM16 + ASG .25g-.28g BBs+ 7.4V lipo and good cleaning and you will struggle to find a better gun for the price!

Thanks, I have heard some pretty sketchy stuff about Nuprol. 

By the way do you have the long barreled variant, and which variant would you say is better for woodland with a FPS limit of 350 for AEGs.

And are we talking about the Raider or the Carbine Combat Machine?

• Supporters

I have the CM16 L yes. It doesn't really matter on the length of your barrel for effectiveness, in airsoft it's more for looks.

At the end of the day it's down to looks, which ever you prefer, you will be the one using it!

Mine is a beaten up battered and bruised gun that rarely has any care or cleaning as  it is a back up to the back up or incase that mate wants to join who hasn't played before!

Yeah thanks for your time. 

I really do appreciate it. I'll probably get the CM16 L as well because I want to try and be accurate in the woodland and as it apparently shoots slightly harder than the CQB version.

I'm guessing the CM16 can run a LiPo then.

• Supporters

Glad to be of help.

I haven't seen the smaller CM16 up against mine so can't comment on the distance thing, but I don't believe it will make all or any difference.

It can run a 7.4V lipo out of the box, won't be able to deal with an 11.1V lipo unless you get a MOSFET installed.

Lipos are a LOT better than Nimh.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Jurgens_SA said:

I really do appreciate it. I'll probably get the CM16 L as well because I want to try and be accurate in the woodland and as it apparently shoots slightly harder than the CQB version.

Barrel length has nothing and fps has very little to do with accuracy and accurate range. Get the short barrel version, it shoots the same as the longer one but easier to handle.

Kickingmustang did a video where they shoot his 350 fps MK23 pistol at 90m quite accurately. That of course is highly tuned it's just to support my statements.

• Supporters

I actually played with kicking mustang 2 weeks back, @Samurai, he's a really nice guy, his ghillie is pure perfection, and his guns are beautifully put together.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Prisce said:

I actually played with kicking mustang 2 weeks back, @Samurai, he's a really nice guy, his ghillie is pure perfection, and his guns are beautifully put together.

He is a great guy indeed. Very friendly.

I played sniper ops with him yesterday. And got more points than them! :) Mainly due to my pair who was a beast and got 4 hits, but still, I was there too (and got one). :D You should try sniper ops, it's very different but great fun.

6 hours ago, Samurai said:

Barrel length has nothing and fps has very little to do with accuracy and accurate range. Get the short barrel version, it shoots the same as the longer one but easier to handle.

Kickingmustang did a video where they shoot his 350 fps MK23 pistol at 90m quite accurately. That of course is highly tuned it's just to support my statements.

So I understand what you are saying and will probably choose the CQB version now.:D I would just like to know if you would recommend this to a woodland game. And if not, a different rifle of similar price.

What are your thoughts on the CM16 vs the Nuprol Pioneer Defender?

• Supporters

Nuprol buys the cheapest stuff from china and rebrands them, adding some profit. G&G is an actual and trusted airsoft gun factory.

I would get the shorter G&G and use it happily. Use 0.25 or 0.28g good quality BBs, clean the barrel sometimes with alcohol and avoid silicone spray and you will outrange most people.

On 9/4/2017 at 5:08 PM, Samurai said:

I would get the shorter G&G and use it happily. Use 0.25 or 0.28g good quality BBs, clean the barrel sometimes with alcohol and avoid silicone spray and you will outrange most people.

What about MOSFET and trigger response times and all the wiring?

• Supporters

What about them? 

The CM16 is an entry level gun, if your wanting all the tricks and bells and whistles look at the Gc16 predator or the 9"Wildhog, both from G&G.

You could upgrade the CM16 with all these upgrades, but it comes down to cost. 

The easiest way I can describe it is, the CM16 is a Ford Focus. You can upgrade it, and turn it into a Focus RS. Or you can buy an RS from the offset. Of course the RS is more expensive and requires a tad more experience to use it to the best of its abilities.

My mind works with cars a lot... :/

• Supporters

My brother has the ASG M15, it was his first gun.

Out of the box it was firing 370fps, so we sent it back to get the spring changed. Performance is average, looks are average, built quality seems to be good. But it isn't worth the money in my opinion,  he now hardly ever uses it because it's so average.

I understand, but I have no batteries or chargers at the moment. Patrolbase ships the ASG M15 with a decent battery and a bad charger but zeroone only ships the combat machine on it's own. 

Also I heard the ASG M15 has a MOSFET unit?

I know its ultra cheap but it might be worth looking at some of the cyma m4s. I bought one myself and its not bad. I've used mine for the last 4 or 5 months and its not missed a beat. Its looks are just ok but not too plasticky.  Theres no mossfet.  it is a real begginer gun. However  It gets me on the field and gets me out the house lol.

• Supporters

I view that as a gimmick to try and get new players to buy it. The ASG doesn't come with a mosfet, at least ours didn't.

Your better off buying the G&g, if that's what you want, as its cheaper(look around at other shops, see if you can find it even cheaper), or look for a second hand bundle? 

Then look at buying a decent charger, (we all recommend the IMAX B6AC(get the genuine one), and some batteries, turningy, VP racing, Kong power, Rhino etc.(Do a search on the forums for best charger and batteries etc and these will come up)

The sites to look at are HobbyKing and the component shop, maybe Radio C. 

Search the  forums using the search bar for any questions regarding these as they will have been answered many many times before!

Thanks.

Back to the OP, I actually went into a store and had a look at the Nuprol Pioneer Defender and I have to say I was surprised by the polymer quality (in a good way). 

I will probably get this as I just want a well performing rifle internally. This gun has become of particular interest to me as the shop is very close to where I live. I can get this as a RIF because I know someone who will gift it to me. 

Just looking for your opinion on this particular rifle, or Nuprol's new range if you have any experience with them.

I will probably start with a 4.7v Nuprol LiPo crane stock battery (as I don't know any other good brands), and all the necessary safety gear. 

• Supporters

I'm confused.  Anyone with a UKARA number to get a RIF can order and gift you a G&G Raider.  What's the relevance of the shop being close to hand?

The Nuprol might be fine, but you can get a known-to-be-fine G&G for about £8 more from patrolbase including postage.  I'd far rather give them my money than bbgunz4lezz (note how the chrono numbers from their videos magically inflate by the time they've reached the website).

For one thing, the Consumer Contract regs 2013 actually give you more rights when you buy online than face to face.  If you get shipped a lemon, you have 14 days to reject it, no arguments.

To be clear, I'm not actively advocating for the G&G, I'm just trying to follow your thought processes.  If money is an issue, as Nicky blue eyes pointed out, you can get a CYMA M4 for just £75 plus postage from patrolbase, and that comes with a basic battery and charger to get you going. The G&G or Nuprol are going to run you £160 - £170 by the time you've added power to them.  Are you already that committed to airsoft?

cant comment on cyma as i have never held one even.  

asg m15 - i got the old SIR sportline model a few years ago and as mentioned they are nothing special, plus point would be the price and it seems to be a pretty tough rifle, i havent started upgrading internals but have stripped the gearbox down a few times to learn and it goes back together easy enough and isnt showing any sign of wear after 3 years.

nuprol and G&G are ones i have been looking at for myself.  Nuprol in general seem to be hit and miss on product quality as they rebrand other manufacturers product and over the years it seems price has been the factor driving them.  on the other hand the nuprol rifles are supposed to be built to there own design and i would hope that this means they are keeping an eye on what ever factory they use,  think its still a little early to have any decent reviews on them and their longevity.  im also a little wary of the fact they are advertising their top end gun being an amoeba design, seems like they are saying the top end is good as its not nuprol.  on the top end gun the wife has the original amoeba am013 and she wont even consider a new aeg but it is more expensive.

g&g seem to be great rifles for a starter and a solid base to upgrade further down the line.  polymer body seems to be decently built and if you want a all singing mosfet/etcu and 11.1v battery system down the line im guessing the g&g v2 gearbox from the raider should be available soon and a straight drop in on the cm16.

personally i would go G&G as the quality of the product is better known than the nuprol range.  out of the asg or g&g i would go g&g as it "feels" a nicer gun to me but this is subjective and you may prefer asg.

regarding batteries and chargers, if your looking for a lipo i would go to a remote control store or online shop, they tend to be cheaper and personally i think better quality, they also tend to list all the data you need for instance the discharge and charge rates, which isnt always clear with airsoft suppliers...or accurate.

chargers - dont bother with the mini chargers for lipo, these are the type that plug into the wall and have a green led to tell you its charged.  they work but dont give you any idea of how much charge they are pushing in to a battery for instance a 1500mah battery should be charged at 1.5amps max while a 2300mah is 2.3amps charge max.  as far as i can tell they push whatever they are capable of into the battery and i dont think its very much.  they are expensive when compared to a better charger, a lot of lipo users use the skyrc b6 type chargers, these can be set to push the max amps per cell for your battery, this for example gives me a charge time on a 1300mah 7.4v of around 3 hours from around 30% compared to my first nuprol mini charger which was around 8 hours

hope this helps

Archived