Keymod handguard advice

Benje
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Seriously - DON'T BOTHER M8

It is a cheapy plastic CM513 about £70

You would end up buying a keymod which might fit ok but cost say £40 or more

It might not fit on the thread - think Mr B or Monty had a bitch of a time with an old Cyma (metal) receiver

End of the day use the gun for what it is a cheap but good value starter gun

Save your money and put it towards a better gun down the road imho....

OP - remain within the law but if you acquire a defense then just "customise" it a little bit is what I'd do

You could add a bit of camouflage tape as a temporary measure at the site

(again you need to stay within the law but I'm not getting too deep into this subject)

It isn't worth spending much money on it - heck you could buy a new CM515 keymod M4 for about £67

(once you get UKARA etc....)

Play safe, stay legal & save your cash - hope some of this helps

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

Seriously - DON'T BOTHER M8

It is a cheapy plastic CM513 about £70

You would end up buying a keymod which might fit ok but cost say £40 or more

It might not fit on the thread - think Mr B or Monty had a bitch of a time with an old Cyma (metal) receiver

End of the day use the gun for what it is a cheap but good value starter gun

Save your money and put it towards a better gun down the road imho....

OP - remain within the law but if you acquire a defense then just "customise" it a little bit is what I'd do

You could add a bit of camouflage tape as a temporary measure at the site

(again you need to stay within the law but I'm not getting too deep into this subject)

It isn't worth spending much money on it - heck you could buy a new CM515 keymod M4 for about £67

(once you get UKARA etc....)

Play safe, stay legal & save your cash - hope some of this helps

Can't really call it a budget gun anymore as I've put a nuprol V2 gear box and high torque motor in, it's just the receiver, stock tube, stock and handguard that's CYMA. Although I am getting a nuprol delta spec ops later in the year.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
14 hours ago, Benje said:

Can't really call it a budget gun anymore as I've put a nuprol V2 gear box and high torque motor in

lxaMlx8.gif

Honestly Benje, Sitting Duck is kind of our oracle here, he talks a lot of sense a lot of the time.

If you're trying to convert your Blue Two-tone into a Realistic Imitation Firearm - you'll save a lot of time and money by buying a decent gun (Probably not the Honey Badger you've got your eye on...) and selling your old two-tone on or keeping it standard as a loaner gun.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Benje said:

Can't really call it a budget gun anymore as I've put a nuprol V2 gear box and high torque motor in, it's just the receiver, stock tube, stock and handguard that's CYMA. Although I am getting a nuprol delta spec ops later in the year.

Actually I would call it budget because its a cheap sub par gun that you have put a cheap sub par gearbox in and guessing you only chucked £40ish at the mechbox a cheap motor (just saying high torque doesn't mean its good).

Honestly the advice on just leaving it alone and putting the money to a better gun is sound advice. That better gun isn't a nuprol delta though as they are just basic guns that are getting good reviews from idiots who dont understand quality. Take a look at Specna Arms similar price tag but generally better and doesn't put money in the pockets of Nuprol.

• Supporters

OP - end of the day it is your gun and your money

Just many of us have been down that upgrade road so just trying to pass it on

The Nuprol box isn't a bad box with quick change spring

the microswitch might burn out with long term use is my main gripe

a mosfet would help to avert this but again where do you start/stop etc...

just the microswitch could burn out quicker than std trigger switch

other than that it is a good box for about £45

Question is did the gun really need it together with say another motor is down to your decision

You may have spent nearly the same again on box + motor but still has a plastic buffer tube

So it is still a cheapo gun - just with a slightly better box/motor and less cash in your pocket

BUT- it is your gun and you have already splashed the cash though the qwirky cyma v2 box isn't that bad

Don't worry - but perhaps take notice and consider buying a better gun next time is what we are saying

PS - even with splashing a bit of cash on the CYMA 513 - it is still better than the crap I bought from JBBG etc...

Live n learn as they say

Having spent about what I laid out originally on my Combat machine on internal and external parts I would say heed this advice.

I spent a good 200 quid on a 150 gun and still it does not perform as well as a 350 one!!..  We (mostly) have done rookie mistakes and just passing on this wisdom.

Archived