Ares AM013 vs G&G CM16 SRXL vs G&G Predator

ewanJC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright,

I'm one game off getting my UKARA and have been looking into certain guns that i think i may like. I've narrowed it down to the AM013, CM16 SRXL and the Predator. It will be used in a large woodland area.

If anyone has any opinions on these could you let me know.

Cheers

if its of any help my wife picked up the old model am013 a few years ago as her first AEG and she loves it, wont let me change anything or upgrade it.  decent accuracy and range for woodland, easy for her to use in cqb and apart from an issue when she first got it where it was making some nasty noises (possibly down to the airsoft shop reccomending 11.1v battery) it has been reliable.  i know it doesnt like G&G mags - dont feed well into its hop, she uses the ares mags now with no issues.  biggest problem is battery's to fit the pdw stock 1300mah are the biggest to fit easily so she has to swap them partway through a full day game. the plymer body has had some abuse - dropped a number of times in woodland, fell on it at eastmere and dropped in mud at our local site but still seems solid, bonus is its lighter than metal would be

been looking at the predator myself and a few people have said its pretty good, your rate of fire will by higher with the predator from using the 11.1v battery, and the red edition is as far as i know the same components just a polymer bdy instead of metal...thats all i know on G&G.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2017 at 10:45 PM, ewanJC said:

Thanks!! I'm mainly interested in the AM013, so it's good to hear that it's so reliable.

cheers

If you haven't bought a gun yet i would 100% go for the AM013 it was my first gun and had no problems with it. its great for cqb and outdoors as it shoots dead on 350fps. Only problem i have is you need to find really small battery's to fit.

1 minute ago, Bloom1 said:

If you haven't bought a gun yet i would 100% go for the AM013 it was my first gun and had no problems with it. its great for cqb and outdoors as it shoots dead on 350fps. Only problem i have is you need to find really small battery's to fit.

same here, the wife has given it some abuse and it keeps going, just stick with 7.4v batteries.  she tried 11.1v when she (me) bought it and it started overfiring. the fire rate is pretty good though.

to be fair its better practice (and for your wallet) to learn your guns cycle rate and stick to semi auto without spamming the trigger....  a few well placed shots are just as effective than spraying half a mag like a loon. Stupid high ROF is overrated, paid a fortune for a high speed motor for my first gun and I think I have used full auto less with the higher ROF than before I upgraded it :( 

Saves money on BBs and time reloading too ;) 

i have the am13 , love it, i use 7.4v lipo 1500mah and change at midday. only mod i have done is the barrel stabilisation plastic disk but to be honest it doesn't make much difference.   

Archived