Good small compact SMG/Rifle?

davidj123456
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I play airsoft I run around with a G18 & a Paratrooper version of the M249. Sometimes when I find a good position I leave the M249 with one of my friends and I sometimes run around with my G18 for a bit. Although the G18 is light and easy to run with it's not always a practical weapon. I'm currently looking for a compact SMG/Rifle that I could easily strap onto myself and run around with even while I carry my M249. I was thinking of getting an MP5K without a stock but even this seems a bit too big. Any recommendations?

• Supporters

An AEP might work for you. Since the fps limit is 350 for normal AEGs, the low FPS of an AEP is not that big issue.

I was looking at JG MAC10 which is still an AEP but 300 fps. Many people run lower fps AEGs here at skirmishes.

An Mp9 is a great smg that's not much bigger than a pistol and the mag is in the grip, but that's gas, meaning a many heavy mags would be needed. Not ideal.

27 minutes ago, Samurai said:

An AEP might work for you. Since the fps limit is 350 for normal AEGs, the low FPS of an AEP is not that big issue.

I was looking at JG MAC10 which is still an AEP but 300 fps. Many people run lower fps AEGs here at skirmishes.

An Mp9 is a great smg that's not much bigger than a pistol and the mag is in the grip, but that's gas, meaning a many heavy mags would be needed. Not ideal.

My G18 is an AEP. Thing is I need an AEP with a larger magazine so that I won't always have to reload it. I already have a scorpion but I don't really like it. 

MP5K Stockless

Mac-10

MP9

UZI

Tec-9

This is my list of options so far

how about the arp9 from G&G, with the stock collapsed it would be quite tiny.

M4 pistol would fit also

mp7

or this but no idea how to make one for airsoft

59a84ae84963b_glockdrum.png.4d59bc182439c64cfdbfb33a4b99fbdc.png

• Supporters
2 hours ago, gray134 said:

or this but no idea how to make one for airsoft

59a84ae84963b_glockdrum.png.4d59bc182439c64cfdbfb33a4b99fbdc.png

Would be a bitch to get a holster for that mofo

TBH - yes you could get a TEC-9 or GAT or FC-SMG but mags would be hard to find

Some of the others would be a bit lame fps or tricky to get parts for

I'd be leaning towards a MP5-K or one with a folding stock to get a bit of flexibility & easy parts etc....

or a stubby M4 but then I'm a bit of a M4 fan

If you got defense then you would be hard pushed to beat this for the price:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-3/g-5k-tgg-x?from=listing&campaign-id=19

I mean it's cheap but worth a look & what is £65 these days

or

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-3/g-5-tgg-x?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Cyma would be more money & better quality

failing that another AEP G18 to go nutz akimbo with

or buy just buy more guns & be done with it

just a thought but as you have the g18aep and the m249 how about grabbing a gas gun?

i have the ghk g5 which has a folding stock making it quite small - under 16"/400mm when the stock is folded and you can completely remove the stock.  the gun weighs next to nothing although the mags are heavy and hold 38 bbs once the springs and bb lips are broken in.

I think you want to be looking at the MP5K / MP7 / UZI type deal.

Classic Army MP5K (http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/Airsoft-smg/classic-army-np5k-mp5k-metal-body-black.htm#.WawPE2SrTx8) could be a good option here. Each mag holds 100rds so you won't be running out of ammo quickly like you might with a Glock 18. 

On 9/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, AshOnSnow said:

I think you want to be looking at the MP5K / MP7 / UZI type deal.

Classic Army MP5K (http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/Airsoft-smg/classic-army-np5k-mp5k-metal-body-black.htm#.WawPE2SrTx8) could be a good option here. Each mag holds 100rds so you won't be running out of ammo quickly like you might with a Glock 18. 

Good choice but PATROLBASE  fix up with your proof reading, "carnt" and "swival" tut tut.. 

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Good choice but PATROLBASE  fix up with your proof reading, "carnt" and "swival" tut tut.. 

BUUURRRNNNN!

Actually in fairness, I used patrolbase a few times, the one time I had a problem they were a nightmare to deal with - too damn busy with not enough staff I think. Way over "customer capacity" - I was just on hold forever when I tried to call, and never got a response when I emailed. So I think they need to stop focusing on the profit margins so much and start focusing on more staff to, among other things, keep the website well maintained!

8 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

BUUURRRNNNN!

Actually in fairness, I used patrolbase a few times, the one time I had a problem they were a nightmare to deal with - too damn busy with not enough staff I think. Way over "customer capacity" - I was just on hold forever when I tried to call, and never got a response when I emailed. So I think they need to stop focusing on the profit margins so much and start focusing on more staff to, among other things, keep the website well maintained!

I have had the same, great shop to visit, but had to wait over an hour for an item to be brought upstairs.  called them two weeks ago to ask if an m4 lower reciever they have on the website would fit an ares v2 gearbox and the guy told me "we really only sell whole guns", really disapointing as I had just put together the list of parts to order for a custom build from scratch.  

23 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

BUUURRRNNNN!

In this day and age a decent website is not too much to ask, and copying and paste from the manufacturers pigeon English description is not good enough.

My spellings atrocious so for it to bug me is saying something :)  

Archived