any Grenadiers around?

gray134
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

played around over the last few years to see what style i like and im liking grenades mainly due to playing mstly CQB. just after some advise from those that regularly play the grenadier on my loadout

for cqb i will usually run a battle belt, local site doesnt allow smoke inside so i am currently carrying a TRMR with 3 moscart shower shells, depending on rifle i have an UGL or a grenade pistol.  the belt setup at the moment has 7 40mm pouches attached

as im only using 4 of the pouches at the moment im after some recomendations on how to fill the others, do i go all moscart shower shells or would an extra bfg be advisable.  im able to carry a few card pyro in a admin pouch.

when it comes to outdoor its mostly woods so i drop the TRMR and carry a couple of smokes with a dynatex timed BFG in a utility pouch on top of the moscarts.

what mix of grenades - BFG,smoke,moscart do you tend to carry for different length games

anyone have experience with Taggin rounds, how are they and do you find sites are ok with them, are smoke rounds more acceptable

the games we play tend to be anything from 30 minutes to an hour indoor or outdoor, mostly indoor with 1 or 2 a month outdoor.

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, gray134 said:

Anyone have experience with Taggin rounds, how are they and do you find sites are ok with them, are smoke rounds more acceptable

I have yet to find a site that allows TAG rounds. 

For the rest of your post, I only use the occasional card pyros so I am of no use,

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/tornado-impact-grenade.htm#.WacXfs3TW9c

These are brilliant in confined spaces, and instant 'detonation' on impact so if you throw them at the ceiling you'll still get players behind cover.

Fairly quick and easy to reload, but get some extra pins as they go missing really easily. Cheap to run too, once you get over the initial cost. Seem to be fairly tough as well.

57 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/tornado-impact-grenade.htm#.WacXfs3TW9c

These are brilliant in confined spaces, and instant 'detonation' on impact so if you throw them at the ceiling you'll still get players behind cover.

Fairly quick and easy to reload, but get some extra pins as they go missing really easily. Cheap to run too, once you get over the initial cost. Seem to be fairly tough as well.

They do look interesting, i tried the cyclone a while back and unless it was a direct hit most thought it was a high cap being dropped...thats when it didnt go off instantly when i pulled the pin.  ill take a look next time im at patrol base cheers

• Moderators
On 8/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, Prisce said:

I have yet to find a site that allows TAG rounds. 

For the rest of your post, I only use the occasional card pyros so I am of no use,

have you tried Combat Airsoft Thetford?, sure they allow it as 'this one game' this 'yellow ball' came bouncing past and i asked a marshall what it was, he said a TAG round as i had no idea.....it rolled into woods!.....could be wrong!

• Supporters

Tag rounds are abit in a legal grey area, as they use "spin stabilisation of the projectile", which would place it in the section 5 category.

personally I think they are too dangerous too use in a game

They look hella awesome. Unfortunately, as sp00n said, I think you run a serious risk of the judge throwing the book at you. They'd put it as "Illegal possession of explosive ammunition capable of serious harm" and give you a one way ticket to Durham. Metro would do a scoop on it "Teenage Terror Training" saying things like  "It is suspected that they may have been influenced by so-called home-grown jihadi extremism", The Sun would stick your face up with a picture of an actual M32 grenade launcher, inlaid onto a snapshot of the GI Joe Retaliation scene where London gets destroyed with the tagline "Weapons-obsessed lunatic waltzes through UK streets with RPG!", BBC would report it accurately, but 3 days late and nobody would see it because there'll also be a Trump headline at the same time, and the Daily Mail will do a 2 page investigatory piece into your parents and how "It's not yet confirmed if they abused their child from an early age, pushing him towards the grip of Islamic extremism".

.....yeah I'm gonna stick with the thunderflash.

just had some good news, turns out my local woodland site allows their use, now just got to work on justifying the price with the missus .....and some time to practice ranging in

On 9/3/2017 at 11:31 AM, sp00n said:

Tag rounds are abit in a legal grey area, as they use "spin stabilisation of the projectile", which would place it in the section 5 category.

personally I think they are too dangerous too use in a game

After having some guy who clearly wanted to abuse their use* aim his launcher at my head from about 10m away on a milsim I agree that they are dangerous. If the round had hit me in the face (which is the only thing he would have been able to see) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have ended well (luckily i ducked just in time to avoid it). I have however seen players use them responsibly and with great effect but that doesn't come away from the legal grey area that they sit in.

*I was one of 3 people that complain about the guy on separate occasions one guy had been shot in the back i believe. i know from the videos you can apparently take a shot to the chest and it not do any harm but it does only take a slight miss guided shot to hit someone in the throat for example...

17 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

After having some guy who clearly wanted to abuse their use* aim his launcher at my head from about 10m away on a milsim I agree that they are dangerous. If the round had hit me in the face (which is the only thing he would have been able to see) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have ended well (luckily i ducked just in time to avoid it). I have however seen players use them responsibly and with great effect but that doesn't come away from the legal grey area that they sit in.

*I was one of 3 people that complain about the guy on separate occasions one guy had been shot in the back i believe. i know from the videos you can apparently take a shot to the chest and it not do any harm but it does only take a slight miss guided shot to hit someone in the throat for example...

Really tempted to get a few of these for outdoor use and dont think im "that guy" - seriously sounds like he was lucky there wasnt a suprise party for him in the car park afterwards.  the site organiser would have to ok me to use them and im guessing thats after some observed use for safety- i know they have a strict policy on the use being non direct and tbh not something i would try or want someone else to do.

Im looking at finishing off my kit over the next few months. i currently run a battle belt with a thigh rig, this is being used for mostly CQB indoor site 30-40 minute games

ghk g5 with UGL for semi auto or krytac pdw with 40mm pistol for full auto games

4x mid cap 120 round, or 4 x 30 round gas mags

hi capa with 3 mags

3 x moscart shower shells

1 x trmr

1 x dynatec timed bfg

for outdoors i add a plate carrier to carry a couple of extra mags and a few smoke grenades.

im looking at adding the following after checking our local site are ok with me using them

Taggin grenades - bangs and smoke outdoor use only.  max carry of 4 on PC

small demo bag on shoulder strap i can grab for certain games eg defence

- alphafire remote detonators x 4

- tlsfx snappers mk3 or mk4 x4

- dynatec scaremonger x 1

- kimera gas grenade with tripwire stake

this should give me a few options for boobytraps indoor and outside to liven up a game

• Supporters

What's the current thinking on the Alpha-Tec 6-shot hex grenades?

It looks like they're (maybe) only being sold direct by the manufacturer, but their site is... minimalist and some YouTube nay-sayers say nay as they're too fragile.  On the other hand, this chap reckons he's got hundreds of throws out of one.

The literal bangs-per-buck looks to be a winner compared to buying multiple TRMR / OhShiBoom grenades but if it's going to dent on the first throw, I'll give it a miss.

49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

What's the current thinking on the Alpha-Tec 6-shot hex grenades?

It looks like they're (maybe) only being sold direct by the manufacturer, but their site is... minimalist and some YouTube nay-sayers say nay as they're too fragile.  On the other hand, this chap reckons he's got hundreds of throws out of one.

The literal bangs-per-buck looks to be a winner compared to buying multiple TRMR / OhShiBoom grenades but if it's going to dent on the first throw, I'll give it a miss.

tried to do a bit of research a month or two ago on this as i was in the market for an impact grenade.  problem seems to be the original version that had quite a few problems and it seems was withdrawn from sale over these.  i would assume the new version 2 will have corrected the issues.  wasnt able to find a supplier at the time and ended up going TRMR.  

TRMR have a base available that holds three shots ready to fire now if thats any help.  personally i went for the US style 209 base, holds one ready to fire and a further 8 in the base for reloading,  i went for this after talking to a couple of guys who had there trmr multishots rearmed and tossed back by other players

• Supporters

Mmm, Alpha-Tec aren't making it easy to find and buy them, if they are even still selling.  Minor point, but it bothers me when traders go out of their way to hide their contact details, to the extent of claiming to be a "non-trading individual" on their NOMINET record.

I've Failbooked them to see if I get a reply, but that TRMR base looks interesting [UPDATE: Aaaaand everyone is out of stock :angry:].

To be honest, I can't see many situations where you'd be able to throw, advance, retrieve and repeat more than 3 times anyway (without God Mode engaged :ph34r:).

On the issue of having them lobbed back, that seems like an issue with the players, marshalling and site rules rather than the device itself.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

On the issue of having them lobbed back, that seems like an issue with the players, marshalling and site rules rather than the device itself.

it is and the marshalls on our site are pretty tough if caught.  i would guess it happened when multi's first apeared more than now.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I've Failbooked them to see if I get a reply, but that TRMR base looks interesting [UPDATE: Aaaaand everyone is out of stock :angry:].

https://urbanairsoftuk.com/product/trmr-209-multi-shot-base/ have some of the multi bases in stock by the looks of it.  JD airsoft have a couple of colours of the x1 grenade available.  I dont think concept tactical ever did them packaged as one piece, had to buy the base as an extra

it looks like alpha tec are out of business

had a couple of new deliveries for my kit, got to give ita run out but think it shoud be good to go

belt_setup.thumb.jpg.442d0de6c080ab09367d0d0db3460d69.jpg

This is the current belt setup to run cqb sites and to have a plate carrier added for outdoor games to carry more gear.  from left to right

2 x m4 fast mag pouches with 2 x pistol fast mag pouches attached

1 x british army pistol mag pouch for multitool

1 x one tigris water bottle pouch to carry 40mm grenade launcher pistol

1 x utility pouch carries dynatex timed grenade and anything else, also has an admin zipped pocket to the rear to carry card pyro

1 x utility pouch (partly hidden) used as dump pouch and can hold 6 mags easily, radio pouch attached

1 x rip away med pouch

1 x universal holster with trigger guard retention

1 x m4 fastmag with pistol fastmag pouch attached

I need to get a decent rigger belt for the thigh panel I will be running on my left side under the 2 mag pouches

belt_setup_3.thumb.jpg.32d162bd6edffc562760067a68c16273.jpg

this carries 4 x 40mm pouches to carry my moscarts and a trmr

also 1 x british army pistol mag pouch for a LED strobe/torch

when i go  outdoors i can add my plate carrier which has a few extra m4 mag pouches and 3 extra 40mm pouches for smoke, it also has a 3 L hydration bladder.

The TRMR is a .209 US version, the base holds 1 ready to fire and 8 more locked in the base by the black wheel, turn the wheel till a notch sits over the primer and the primer slides out.  much quicker to rearm than scrabbling around for primers in a pocket or pouch

the water bottle holder looks like it will retain the GL, has a vellcro adustable strap mid barrel and a bungee cord that can be pulled over the pistol grip easily.

belt_setup_2.thumb.jpg.6a52a42f24700ea2a7f1274b9f5a8e1d.jpg

I also added an EDC Pill box attached by a braided cable to the front of the belt to carry 9mm blanks for the dynatex, this holds 9 blanks.  just need to give it some krylon spray

edc_pot.thumb.jpg.f4c87db4fb19714ee29d33dfa1b5b58b.jpg

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Do you tick when you walk? :lol:

HAHA! no not yet!  

my local site is run by an ex british army EOD and he keeps me going about this being from northern Ireland.

last cqb I did have a few players mention how great it was not to have to run around as much due to all the grenades

thankfully im working on getting back into shape and im noticing the benefit, kit is up to around 20 pounds total at the minute and i can manage 4 hours airsoft at the minute before tiring, much better than a year ago when i would drop out after two hours.  i can also post a pic now without the belly sticking out between the belt and plate carrier

59b86e9700715_fullloadout.thumb.jpg.6b095565a082e04d07d72f2510437ace.jpg

On 05/09/2017 at 7:46 AM, clumpyedge said:

I've been hit multiple times in the head by TAG rounds, it's similar to being hit by an underarm served tennis ball. You're more at risk from people with BFG's not understanding the concept of using them with an underarm throw no higher than waist height.

On 9/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, gray134 said:

i went for this after talking to a couple of guys who had there trmr multishots rearmed and tossed back by other players

Cheeky bastids....!!  

I wouldnt call the hit, take my grenade and go home. Toys out of the pram all over the place I tell ya, what a liberty.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:44 AM, GiantKiwi said:

I've been hit multiple times in the head by TAG rounds, it's similar to being hit by an underarm served tennis ball. You're more at risk from people with BFG's not understanding the concept of using them with an underarm throw no higher than waist height.

last game i caught someone in the head with my dynatex.  posted it into a room past some water barrels and it caught the lip of the barrel springing up into his face, thankfully with little force and on a timer but felt awfull about it.  fortunately he saw the funny side 

Archived