Any one have knowledge of ICS CXP MARS

crispyrat
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI Guys,

ICS CXP MARS Carbine

Looking to see if anyone has any experiance of this gun, I have just started playing and will be getting my UKARA registration soon. 

I will be playing all formats woodland/CQB etc

I'm looking for a gun that would not need a whole bunch of upgrading, Looks good and also has great features, 

I guess i really like the looks of this one, and i have looked around quite a bit.

Any help, or advice would be really welcome. 

Cheers

Chris

• Moderators

I have various CXP versions, this will be fine for both woodland/CQB. Its a 'newer' model by ICS, but same internals, quick spring change system, etc.I think its just an different outer barrel and stock

I would get one if thats what you want as you wont have any issues, or maybe the Transform4's

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in one too , no retailers in the UK seem to have stock or know when they do .......any ideas?

Also I know on the UK ver ICS recommends 7.4v lipo , how do they fair on a 11.1v ? Any advice would be much appreciated

• Moderators

I dont think they have been released over here yet as some sites are pre-order.?

7.4 lipo is what i use, i think with 11.1 it may have issues with overspin?, dont quote me on that, they do say 11.1 lipo ready, someone told me the other day but i wasn't paying attention!....

having said that i have a 11.1 in my DMR and its ok, no mods just a little bigger spring and locked to Semi.....i'll shut up now i'm turning into Sitting Duck!!

Give Firesupport a call, they should be able to help or any other retailer and give you an explanation on the battery type

There will be someone on here soon who has better (much much better) knowledge of it than me though :) hahaha......Taxi!!

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

mine has had a small area of the gearbox side 'dremmel'd' out to allow fixing of a stop so i cant turn it to Full Auto, before it had a bit of plastic glued there but it came off....which was annoying as i was chronoing at the time and though id try it!:lol:

Other way is to drill a hole and fit a screw, but it looks unsightly....

there may be other options im not aware of

Any chance of a pic, as I may want to make one of my ICS guns into a DMR.

Cheers

G

• Moderators

ill see what i can do, never taken it to bits but if i get time i'll get some for you. I may ask Roman if he took any!  ;)

and then find out he did something different! :lol::lol::lol:

If memory serves fire-support are the main retailer for ICS in the UK.

When it comes to batteries ICS alter the guns to meet UK legal spec so they typically recommend 7.4v Li-Po's but this may be different for the Mars.

• Supporters

I had an ICS L85 and it was prone to over spin on 11.1v but it was a bit sluggish on 7.4v unless I used a high output one , but when I started running it on a 9.9LiFe i had a proper Goldielocks moment ,

was running just right ! 😁

also found a similar situation with an ICS M4 I had . 👍

Archived