after some advice - upgrade or buy

gray134
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All, im after a little advice if you can help.  my first AEG which is a ASG M15 SIR full metal body is sitting pretty much unused at the minute as i play mostly cqb with a krytac pdw or a ghk g5.  i am playing with the idea of upgrading some internals to improve the range and accuracy for use at outdoor longer ranged sites.

from a tech skill level i have had the gearbox apart and rewired it to the rear and do basic maintenance on our gas guns so not a great level of expertise at the moment but i do want to learn more and am comfortable with the mechanics, just poor at soldering.

from what i have read i should be looking at 

tightbore barrel - 6.03 probably and spacers to stop any wobble

upgraded hopup - madbull/laylax

hop booking - mapleleaf

hop nub - read up on rhop and flat hop but dont really want to go this route to start with

i then am going to look at the gearbox starting with the nozzle and may look at increasing the ROF a little but as the gearbox i have will not be the best being from a cheap gun i would start with a prebuilt gearbox like the ares gearbox with blue mosfet.

I have also been looking at what is out at the minute and came across the G&G cm16 Predator which looks nice externally and seems to have a decent high ROF gearbox.

so my question if you had the choice and around £200-250 budget would you A) take the ASG and upgrade or B) buy the G&G predator and upgrade that model in the future

thanks in advance

• Supporters

Owning the ASG M15 and having owned the GC16 Predator from G&g, I can say out of the box the Predator is by far my preffered gun.

The ASG came firing hot, it's also big and heavy compared to the G&g, however it did have better range out of the box.

I prefer the build quality, looks, and internals of the g&g, there isn't really much you can do to it to upgrade it either, the MOSFET built in is great, and I liked the 3 round burst feature.

If I was in your shoes, I would sell the ASG, and buy the G&g. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks Prisce

The comparison is appreciated, going to take a closer look at the G&G

Archived