MK18 Build

SneefX26
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

So I am planning on building a MK18,

I was going to use the G&G CM16 MOD0 as a base as it already has quite alot of the features that I am after but internally, 

I was going to upgrade it, what would be the best motor/gears etc to put in these? 

Quite new to upgrading...

TIA

That would depend on the performance you're after. But a basic, snappy build that'll run all day...

Good 7.4v lipo, Deans connectors, Firestorm basic Mosfet (comes complete with good quality 16awg wiring).

SHS HT or Rocket Airsoft balanced (16TPA neodynium magnet) motor, SHS 13:1 gears. ICS POM piston and piston head.

Adjusted angle of engagement, and good shimming.

That'll give you good trigger response and around 22 rps, and put together carefully will run like a champ.

• Supporters
On 8/27/2017 at 2:09 PM, SneefX26 said:

Hi, 

So I am planning on building a MK18,

I was going to use the G&G CM16 MOD0 as a base as it already has quite alot of the features that I am after but internally, 

I was going to upgrade it, what would be the best motor/gears etc to put in these? 

Quite new to upgrading...

TIA

Are you looking to build a MK18 replica or just a MK18-ish appearance? If it's the latter then a G&G CM18 MOD1 would be a far better starting place.

If it's the former then you may want to just buy6 a gearbox and build around it. You'll have to change so much stuff it isn't funny.

• Supporters

If you want a Mk18 just buy a VFC, the CM16 would need so much work to get it even close you'd end up replacing every single part. 

CM18 isn't really a great starting point either, it's 'close' but still a long way from looking like a Mk18. 

Alternately... buy mine, it's about as close to perfect as it's possible to be, even has the correct barrel profile; 

Archived