Scruffy G&G SCAR project...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought this reasonably cheaply from ZeroIn, described as "painted and occasionally misfires".

Misfire was a loose connector on the motor. I spent two days stripping the paint, a combination of acetone on the plastic parts, and Nitromors on the alloy top receiver. pics below. 

Now I have to decide on a paint scheme, happy to listen to ideas

On arrival

kBwl0ED.jpg

As of now :)

9pxPnjV.jpg

John

56 minutes ago, Prisce said:

What sorta sites do you frequent? Woodland/CQB, are you after functional or flashy?

Only indoors CQB or the shooting range bud

• Supporters

Oh so you want flashy then. How about giving it a nice mirror finish? Or add a nice used patina? 

If you do want to definitely paint it, you could do like an apocalypse theme with chalk kill count across the receiver. 

All sorts! 

The anodized receiver looks like it came up OK, but if you want to strip that back to bare metal then try oven cleaner. Just a few seconds and a scrub with an old tooth brush should take the colour off, then rinse. Beware though, getting a decent polished finish without losing detail and definition is harder that you might think.

1 minute ago, Hangtight said:

The anodized receiver looks like it came up OK, but if you want to strip that back to bare metal then try oven cleaner. Just a few seconds and a scrub with an old tooth brush should take the colour off, then rinse. Beware though, getting a decent polished finish without losing detail and definition is harder that you might think.

Hmmm, no chance am I going to polish the aluminium, done loads of that in the past, way to labour intensive.

If it ends up shiny, it has to be paint :)

Archived