Krytac Lvoa motor upgrade. Thoughts?

slipperysquid
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,
I've just got my hands on a new Krytac and though it shoots well enough out of the box I don't like the long trigger pull (I've been used to using a Spectre mosfet). So I'll be swapping out the trigger contacts for my spectre as I prefer my AEG not to have motor whine and obviously the shorter pull.

My last gun I upgraded to 12:1 gears and a high torque motor, though I don't use full auto that often (3 round burst when I feel it necessary) but loved the snappy trigger in semi.

So, I'm looking at getting a high torque motor to drop in to replace the Krytac 20k. I've been looking at the ASG infinite 22000, in my other aegs I use the rocket high torque and though they are "OK" the build quality is naff (I've already had one motor destroy itself for no good reason.

So build quality of the ASG seems far superior as the 22000 has the new bell design but will it give me the snappier trigger response I desire if I'm not upgrading the gears? I want it to shoot everytime I spam that trigger in semi? would a higher speed motor be better? say the 3500 or 40000? I'm using 7.4v lipo and don't think I'll be going to 11.1

Any thoughts taken onboard.

If you're not getting instant trigger response already, are you not using the pre cocking function on the Titan?

ASG Infinity 30K is pretty much the best one worth getting. Even with no precocking it's snappy and it can handle the stress of precocking easily. Next best thing for considerably less money is the SHS High Torque. More of a balance than a high torque as such, but it still performs. I actually have a frankentorque powering mine and with a Gate Titan it's probably got one of the best trigger response on the field. SRC magnets in an older G&P motor.

Thanks for the replies, I've not dropped in the BTC Spectre yet, the trigger pull on the Krytac is quite long and after switching from my old gun which  had the spectre installed to this, it feels horrible :D My son thinks I'm insane buying a new gun then changing it but hey, that's half the fun! 

So the mosfet on the Krytac is just a basic one, which is there just to protect the trigger contacts and that's all it does, so no other options like precocking etc.

I'm sat here in my man cave wondering if I can be arsed to start stripping down the gun tonight or wait until tomorrow... ;) I'll post a piccy when I'm done...I should do a vid really as there doesn't seem to be any online for installing a spectre into a Krytac and I know there's a bit of dremmeling to be done!

Cheers again fellas!

I wouldn't say Frankentorque. It's a 16TPA G&P M120 fitted with neodynium magnets, so comparable to the ASG 30K. Still with the pre cocking on the Titan, the staff on the chrono gave it the thumbs up. :)

Don't know why I thought you said Titan... anyway, I think the pre cocking on the Spectre /Chimera is actually slightly better than the Titan. It's not as quick to set up, and not quite as convenient to turn on and off, but the ability to choose the exact timing is good.

Either way, try it with the BTC before you change the motor. The Krytac motor is a good match for the rest of the gearbox.

Going to pop the Spectre in this evening. The Spectre is a doddle to change settings on as you just use the bluetooth app.I have a spare Rocket High torque that I can throw in for testing but I think I will be going for one of the asg motors (prob the 30k as you say as the 22k is out of stock everywhere!).

The Krytac motor is ok but I can't stand that motor whine no matter how slight it is :/ I could increase the ROF by dropping in an 11.1 but a lot of people have problems with gearbox lock ups if they use high c 3s lipo's. I can't understand that though? as I always believed that the "C" rating was the Amps that the lipo can supply if needed not what they pump out all the time?

Cheers again, will post updates as I progress :D

The issue with 30k motors running at 11.1v is over spin when using M100 springs. That shouldn't be an issue at 7.4v, but even if it was you've got a bunch of active braking options with the Spectre.

If you've got a whine from the gear box it'll be gear mesh rather than motor noise, which is unusual for a Krytac as they are generally well shimmed and set up.

No it's that high pitched motor noise, I tried the the rocket motor in it and the noise goes but it does over spin! So active breaking is the way forward! 

Its in! Only two really minor bits of dremmelling to be done on one half of the gearbox (less than when I installed it into the standard ics split gearbox). Some nice little touches in the Krytac box, like a little plastic bridge piece that protects the cables from the motor pinion etc.

Anyway, not a hard job, trigger response is fantastic, although my ROF has dropped compared to the last gun (of course I'd installed the 12:1 gears in that and it was getting 22bps on 7.4v) but the amp draw is a lot less so the lipos should last longer (about half of what is was drawing on the other gun)

Anyways...bedtime...up for work in a couple of hours :D

Archived