Advice about face protection

Operation
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am putting together my first ever airsoft loud out/kit. I am currently looking for a full face mask that would suit the SAS-esque 'black kit' style. I have been using many dedicated airsoft stores (based in the UK) without much luck. As a last resort I tried Amazon, which turned up a couple of masks that suit my style, but I just can't tell if they are completely safe since the listings lack any information on the matter.

The first mask I found was the Swiss Eye S.W.A.T. Pro Mask Glasses. It looks really cool and would definitely match my kit, however it is a little over my budget for just now at £52. I did find a listing for the same mask (I presume) for £29.56, but it just seems too good to be true considering how much the other listings are (£50+). What do you guys think?

The second mask that caught my eye was the Outgeek M50 Airsoft Paintball Protective Full Face Toxic Gas Mask Googles Set. The price is fine, however I am aware that these 'respirator' themed masks can often be quite gimmicky and unsafe/impractical in nature. The listing itself does claim that it can withstand, "a 350 fps gun on semi and full automatic from about 3-5 metres away", but I can only really take their word for it since there are virtually no reviews for it. 

My eyesight will always come first, so that's why I want a second, more experienced opinion on these choices. I've put a lot of money into my kit so far, so I want it to look the part and keep me safe when it comes to my first game. I wouldn't also mind some information on some reputable manufacturers of masks.  

If you guys have any masks to recommend (ideally under £40), then please list them below. I am looking for something with a minimalist feel (as featured above in the Swiss Eye mask).

Sorry if my post reeks of 'noobiness', I am still learning. :D

• Mostly Retired Moderators

If you're looking for an SAS respirator style mask, the best one you could consider is the GSR mask from Airsoft world - but it is expensive.

The mock-filters are actually fans for cooling/de-misting

gsr.jpg

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-gsr-gas-mask-replica.html

Comes with mesh eye-pro as well as a clear visor.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Operation said:

Hi,

I am putting together my first ever airsoft loud out/kit. I am currently looking for a full face mask that would suit the SAS-esque 'black kit' style. I have been using many dedicated airsoft stores (based in the UK) without much luck. As a last resort I tried Amazon, which turned up a couple of masks that suit my style, but I just can't tell if they are completely safe since the listings lack any information on the matter.

The first mask I found was the Swiss Eye S.W.A.T. Pro Mask Glasses. It looks really cool and would definitely match my kit, however it is a little over my budget for just now at £52. I did find a listing for the same mask (I presume) for £29.56, but it just seems too good to be true considering how much the other listings are (£50+). What do you guys think?

The second mask that caught my eye was the Outgeek M50 Airsoft Paintball Protective Full Face Toxic Gas Mask Googles Set. The price is fine, however I am aware that these 'respirator' themed masks can often be quite gimmicky and unsafe/impractical in nature. The listing itself does claim that it can withstand, "a 350 fps gun on semi and full automatic from about 3-5 metres away", but I can only really take their word for it since there are virtually no reviews for it. 

My eyesight will always come first, so that's why I want a second, more experienced opinion on these choices. I've put a lot of money into my kit so far, so I want it to look the part and keep me safe when it comes to my first game. I wouldn't also mind some information on some reputable manufacturers of masks.  

If you guys have any masks to recommend (ideally under £40), then please list them below. I am looking for something with a minimalist feel (as featured above in the Swiss Eye mask).

Sorry if my post reeks of 'noobiness', I am still learning. :D

350fps from 3-5ft is sufficient to keep you safe, completely disregard that mask as a contender. 

Dont go cheap on your eye protection, £30-40 for a full face setup isn't going to get you anything decent. 

Forget the look when it comes to eyepro on a budget, you can have 2 of the 3 options but not all 3; cool looking, safe, cheap.

4 hours ago, L3wisD said:

If you're looking for an SAS respirator style mask, the best one you could consider is the GSR mask from Airsoft world - but it is expensive.

The mock-filters are actually fans for cooling/de-misting

gsr.jpg

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-gsr-gas-mask-replica.html

Comes with mesh eye-pro as well as a clear visor.

Thanks for the reply. This was what I was personally looking for. Obviously it is expensive, but it looks quality. A few extra shifts at work should cover it.

Archived