Homemade sapi plates

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello I'm  going to  swap.  From my  tac vest.   To a plate carrier and battle belt set up.    Once I order  my new ones I'll put the out ones up for sale.   If I work out how to upload photos..

But the one I'm getting  doesn't  come with sapi plates.   Which  I can see will cost an extra  30 quid.

So in order to same money has anyone made them out of cardboard  or plywood cut and sanded to size? 

• Supporters

You can make them out of garage floor mats from halfords or equivalent. Apparently that's one of the best things for lightweight rigidity.

8Fields make some plastic and foam ones which are cheap. Never seen them myself but you can get them here http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-body-protection/8fields-foam-sapi-mock-plate-set-black.htm#.WZnrJNHTWhA

My Warrior CPC plate carrier came with some white foam insets which I left in. Do the job too.

CBH

I got my plate carrier from 8fields and it came with hard foam plate inserts, removed them as it felt uncomfortable. happy to sell them, buyer pays shipping. 

Archived