At last... A weekend off!

Hangtight
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Errrmmmmmm....why's your charger in a bowl?

I couldn't find my lipo balance lead extension, hence the charger is in the fireproof bowl together with the battery. Safety in mind...

Question about them Nuprol 1450Mah 7.4v LiPo's 

can you run a full day's skirmish with just one of em batteries if it's brand new?

and why there is a PSU with a blue tubing coming out of it ?

Don't buy the Nuprol ones. Even from new if you run them until the voltage sags they only take 1000mah to recharge. I've got a couple of the Turnigy 1300mah ones and they are a genuine 1300mah, plus they don't heat up like the Nuprol, degrade with recharge cycles like the Nuprol, and icing on the cake, if you can find them in stock they're about half the price.

Two will just about last all day, but depends how trigger happy you are.

The ATX PSU has been hacked so it works as a 600W, 12v power supply. The big fat cable is because I used to run it flat out to power my hot wire cutter when I used to build RC planes.

On 18/08/2017 at 5:03 PM, Hangtight said:

Don't buy the Nuprol ones. Even from new if you run them until the voltage sags they only take 1000mah to recharge. I've got a couple of the Turnigy 1300mah ones and they are a genuine 1300mah, plus they don't heat up like the Nuprol, degrade with recharge cycles like the Nuprol, and icing on the cake, if you can find them in stock they're about half the price.

Two will just about last all day, but depends how trigger happy you are.

The ATX PSU has been hacked so it works as a 600W, 12v power supply. The big fat cable is because I used to run it flat out to power my hot wire cutter when I used to build RC planes.

Oh, I didn't know that NuProl ones are not great. I actually have one of them, and it's my first and only battery so far. I will look for another brand for my next ones then.

any comments on the NuProl LiPo 3 Smart Charger?

and that is a nice collection of guns, would like to see pistols too.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TapZxK said:

any comments on the NuProl LiPo 3 Smart Charger?

To be honest there's no reason not to just buy an iMax B6 as they are the go to charger and they are cheaper. Knowing Nuprol tat they would probably be able to prove me wrong when I say I've never heard of anyone having LiPos catch fire without physically damaging them.

• Root Admin

Exactly this. Nuprol have to make a large margin on their whitelabelled goods to turn any profit - that advertising won't pay for itself.

There's plenty of other well proven brands that should be your go-to in their respective areas because Nuprol tends to be about par for the course when it comes to most of their stuff. iMax chargers have been really well reviewed for a decade now, so long as you get a legit one.

Try Hobby King by the way - they're the generally the cheapest.

+1 on the Imax charger.

The Nuprol batteries are going in the bin. I went through both of them before lunch and when I charged them they only took 750-800mah. The pack I built from two Sanyo 18650 2200mah hi discharge cells ran like a champ for the rest of the day.

ok thanks guys, 

So Turnigy batteries Yay and Nuprol Nay.

Regards to charger, I already bought it (Nuprol LiPo 3 Charger) some time ago, just wanted to know how they compare to the rest of the market. 

Thanks for pointing to Hobby-King, I didn't know about them, I bought all my stuff from landwarrior. 

Not to mention that those nuprol ones had started going puffy a few months after their first use. I had to use them for that weekend but never again. I had them doubled up so there was no real chance of them getting over stressed but I wouldn't risk it again.

Archived