ICS APE

GreyBeard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody own one or has used one etc

Im thinking of trading in my ghk m4 for one.

So i would lile to know how they run, issues problems etc?

Thanks

I think I have a review up in the AEG section. My primary issues with it were picky on mags to the point where it needs magwell modification for anything but IPS mags, poor feeding from those mags for anything but 0.20 and it double shoots in semi on the first shot which is a bit of an issue in CQB. There isn't a fantastic amount of battery space either. Honestly I haven't used it as much as I would like to have for a variety of reasons so I can't comment on its long term reliability.

I have a cxp APE and have run it for a couple of years now with no issues, can be a little picky on mags, but now I have several that I know work that isn't an issue. I only have double feeding issues if I try and run it on 11.1v lipos.

Other than that I love it, it has been a great reliable weapon that has never let me down with good range and accuracy right out of the box.

• Moderators
On 8/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, BrightCandle said:

I think I have a review up in the AEG section. My primary issues with it were picky on mags to the point where it needs magwell modification for anything but IPS mags, poor feeding from those mags for anything but 0.20 and it double shoots in semi on the first shot which is a bit of an issue in CQB. There isn't a fantastic amount of battery space either. Honestly I haven't used it as much as I would like to have for a variety of reasons so I can't comment on its long term reliability.

similar with all my ICS AEGS due to the spring release when you switch back to safety, Firesupport have removed or will remove this for you, which i find a lot better with the one ive had it done on....its an ICS gimmick that people were annoyed with apparently.....

Archived