TM Hi Capa 5.1 upgrade ANSWERED

HELIflipper03
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If your just going to skirmish it I would do nothing, clean the barrel but apart from that a TM is as good as your going to need it. I know it's a popular gun for IPSC shooters and there are lots of "upgrades" available but as far as slinging BB's at humans go it's probably not worth the marginal gains you would get

Indeed, if it's fairly old you could chuck a new hop up rubber in it but i'd stick with the stock TM ones. My Gold Match has never let me down....apart from when I didn't lube it for nearly a year and the slide stopped locking back. Still works perfectly now!

If you haven't bought one yet, get a gold match. They have a better barrel system and literally don't need any tinkering. Mine is annoying me it's been so flawless. I have the upgrade itch but know I won't ever scratch it.

I agree, the gold match is a flawless pistol right out the box and will out perform most, it's my best performing airsoft pistol for sure, including over my other standard Hi-capas and part upgraded and fully customised Hi-capas. 

But if you have the standard hi-capa and want to do some upgrades, I have done many videos on the Hi-capas, including what I think are good upgrades and how i strip and maintain it as well as full disassembly and many others too. Check out my Hi-capa playlist there will be lots of videos helpful to you. 

Hi-Capa Related Videos:

Happy Shooting. 

ATB Marc 

3 hours ago, Marc.RG1 said:

I agree, the gold match is a flawless pistol right out the box and will out perform most, it's my best performing airsoft pistol for sure, including over my other standard Hi-capas and part upgraded and fully customised Hi-capas. 

That's you??? OMG I've watched so many of your videos so many times over. Brilliant videos and really helpful before and after getting a capa. I bought my GM largely influenced by your vids.

Hi Steve, yup Clustermarc here, :) 

I'm glad you found my videos helpful mate, it's comments like that makes doing the videos worthwhile. 

Happy Shooting mate. 

ATB Marc 

• Head Moderator
21 hours ago, Marc.RG1 said:

I have done many videos on the Hi-capas, including what I think are good upgrades and how i strip and maintain it as well as full disassembly and many others too. 

A helpful video.  As a non-technical person I like the way you do not edit out scenes to make it a perfect process, and instead you show exactly what happens with those parts that can be more tricky to do.

12 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

A helpful video.  As a non-technical person I like the way you do not edit out scenes to make it a perfect process, and instead you show exactly what happens with those parts that can be more tricky to do.

Hi jedi, thank you mate, I am glad you like the video..

Its very rare i will edit out a scence in a video, the only time i really do is if i have no choice, ie, battery dies or i do the video over more then one day lol or if my wife or little girl disturbs the filming, or of course if the video drags on and i need to shorten it.. i need to crack on and do some videos very soon, i have not been able to or around much the last two week due to decorating the house, but im back in my man cave now so next week ill get cracking. :)

happy shooting..

ATB, Marc..

Archived