Ares amoeba am 008 upgrades

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Externally I'd add as little as possible to get the job done, as guns soon get heavy and cumbersome. But it's your choice. I mean you could hang the kitchen sink off of the thing if that's what floats your boat.

Internally, a good clean and proper lubrication, AOE adjustment and decent shimming /motor height adjustment. Good lipos and Deans connectors. Feed it decent quality 0.25-0.28g BBs and get out and become a better player.

There's no point arbitrarily throwing 'upgrades' at a gun until either something goes wrong, or you've identified an area that actually warrants improvement.

They're actually pretty decent out the box. I wouldn't go throwing a lot at it. They have a relatively tight bore barrel anyway so it rules that out.

You can run 11.1s in from the off.

I upgraded the hop on mine to a Prowin as I broke the original (don't ask) it's a tight fit but it will go in. FPS can be improved a bit, an m110 will boost it up enough without straining the remaining components too much. The spring is really easy to change as well so would really consider this.

Archived