WE M4 upgrade

Ekko
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a WE M4A1 and i was wondering what upgrades i should have done to it to make it a better gun. Any suggestions are welcome 

Depends what you mean by 'better'. For a start, are there any areas you think it's lacking in?

So we split the problem up.

Accuracy comes from consistency of air delivery and hop, together with using decent quality BBs, the heaviest your hop will lift. There are a lot of air seal improvements you can do that don't cost anything.

Trigger response is at least partly down to motor/gearing, but at lot of it is the ability of the power system to deliver the start up current the motor needs. List the batteries, and any other information you can think of about the gun so we can start pointing you in the right direction.

I use a 7.4v lipo battery but the rest I'm not sure about due to the fact that they are stock internals. 

The battery is up to the job. :)

For the rest of the power system a change to Deans connectors and good quality 16awg wiring will ensure the power is being to the motor rather than being wasted as heat at high resistance points. A basic Mosfet is a worthwhile addition.

I'm fairly new to airsoft and your advice has been very helpful. Thankyou so much! :)

Take a look at some of the stickies with regards to improving the air seal, and also check out videos about angle of engagement adjustment and shimming.

If you want to learn to work on your own guns then consider getting something cheap and bust, so you can make the inevitable mistakes without trashing your only working gun.

Archived