flat hopping bucking

Jay91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so im having my first attempt at flat hopping my bucking and was wondering how smooth do i need the old patch and groove to be? ive cut them down pretty close but wanted to double check before i try and sand it smooth if its neccesary seeing as i will be turning the bucking 90 degrees

thanks 

The flatter the better, otherwise you may run into problems getting the barrel and rubber into the hop up, and potentially air seal issues too.

so i ended up getting my bucking pretty smooth and made my flat nub out of a rubber, it was chronoing fine at home then when i took it out today it started double feeding i had already ordered a few different buckings and nubs (including a modify flat hop and prommy blue flat nub) but they didnt arrive in time to bring with me 

but im curious what i did wrong that could have caused the double feed im thinking it could have been the nub wasnt deep enough but when i looked down the barrel i could see it protruding giving me the desired flat hop. any ideas? the bucking also felt a little soft and was well used but it seemingly worked fine prior to me modifying it

this is on a 450 fps dmr if that helps

• Mostly Retired Moderators
14 hours ago, Jay91 said:

i had already ordered a few different buckings and nubs (including a prommy blue flat nub)

Throw that straight in the bin.

I tried one and it was awful - I'd have been better using a condom!

Archived